Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 521
02-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Showstoppoer:

Seeds of Dissent - Arrival at Goralis

Spoke to Cardassian ship. He threatens to blow up my ship. He does nothing. Mission objective says "Defeat True Way Cardassians." No other Cardassian ships show up, so this guy who threatened me must be the one I have to beat. But he's not attacking me and I can't make a preemptive strike on him, so the mission cannot progress and is stuck.

Bug report and request for GM help submitted.

Edit: Problem solved by logging out and logging back in.
Lt. Commander
# 522 showstoper
02-23-2010, 01:30 AM
ive read of poeple having the same issues as me basically crazy lag having trouble getting connected to server and what not anyway you cant play the game like that and its been like 5 days now and its still not fixed i would like some kind of reply .... any reply really ... are they even making an attempt to fix this??
Lt. Commander
# 523
02-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oseve View Post
Bug Significance: Showstopper

Bug: Stuck in loading screen while loading Sol System from the colony. Upwards of 15 minutes of waiting did not resolve issue. Cannot submit bug report in game as I cannot load character in-game and don't see button on Character Selection screen.

Level of Gratitude When Bug is Fixed: God Like
I'm having the exact same problem, i'm glad to hear someone else is too because I thought it was my computer.
Lt. Commander
# 524
02-24-2010, 12:22 PM
SHOWSTOPPER:

FvK PvP respawn bug. In PvP matches (doesn't seem to matter which map) death will sometimes result in player being "stuck" in limbo, unable to respwan. The only solution is to wait for the match to end (which sometiems take a long time) or leave the map and forfeit exp, which is extremely frustrating.

After the end of the match / warping out early, my ship will explode upon warping back into normal space. Comical, but absolutely infuriating. I looked for a thread on this, as I doubt I'm the only one having the issue, but couldn't find one; if anyone has a workaround, please PM me.
Lt. Commander
# 525
02-24-2010, 01:04 PM
There is a large problem as of the last update involving laptop users. We rae getting an issue involving our display drivers. It is saying that our display driver is out of date. Unfortunately laptop drivers are released at different times than the desktop drivers. This issue is causing a windows crash if you attempt to enter the game with default settings. I hope this issue can be resolved.
Lt. Commander
# 526
02-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizzer
I'm having the exact same problem, i'm glad to hear someone else is too because I thought it was my computer.
I have the same problem to ^^ WTF is the problem????
Lt. Commander
launcher just sits there at patch and spins; does nothing. Nothing has changed on my end and game says up; my account is active, as I am a lifetime subscriber. Am contacting billing for a rebate; you have broken faith with me; no help; worst support service of any game I have ever played; your site says game is UP; so what is the deal? what good is a game I cannot play? If your game is not up; it should not say up; no messages anywhere about launcher issues not alllowing updates; nothing. This is the second of my days off I cannot play the game so I am on the phone to your company to complain about the horrid service; we have a contract; I pay you; I get to play; I kept up my end; you are failing at yours with no explaination. This is unacceptable. You have a duty to keep your subscribers informed of issues and provide feedback and service and you are not doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 528
02-25-2010, 08:34 PM
SHOW STOPPER

My character has stopped leveling after reaching Rear Adm 5. All of the character skill points are being changed to Bridge Officer Skill Points. I am dead in the water or space to be more exact. This problem has also happened to a friend of mine. He called Cryptic and was told to delete the character and start again. I do not think that was a satisfactory solution. Hope you can help me out.
Lt. Commander
I am almost starting to expect bugs. Not a good thing. I know this game is new and all, but Cryptic has spent a lot of time on this, and with the number of bugs showing up this can only mean one thing: they really need more developers.

I have ran into a common bug in the Hrami Cluster.

It's a simple "scan things" mission, but the last object to be scanned appears to either not be there, or is within terrain. This is happening WAY too often, and I bet it's the same bug causing this across multiple scenarios. Which hopefully means a single patch will correct it. The problem I see the most is that Cryptic doesn't respond to any of these issues via email or forum. At least not any that I have noticed.

Other examples of similar bugs are:

Here
Here
Here
Here
...and
Here

C'mon folks...how much time and documentation do you need before you AT LEAST acknowledge the problem?
Lt. Commander
My starship is still stuck in the debris. the best description is:

1. The starship graphics is already embeded to the debris graphics.

2. Sent help to gm got the following answer:
......"STO has been outfitted with 'Space Age' options for freeing yourself, should you become stuck somewhere in the world. First and foremost if you find that you have become stuck in a public zone, such as Earth Dock, you should attempt changing instances. Changing instances returns you to the nearest spawn point with no associated penalty. Should you become stuck inside of mission; each mission has an "Abort Mission" option that allows you to leave immediately. Please note that this option will cancel any progress made in that mission, however it will allow you to get back into action. Additionally a quick log out and back in has also been known to resolve certain stuck issues, and return you to your current instance or mission. In the event that these options still do not resolve your issue please update this ticket with as many details as possible and we will attempt to contact you. Thank you for playing!"

3. I already tried to log out and log in again but am still stuck in the same position.

4. The abort mission is unclickable.

5. Everytime I log off and log on again. I still get the mission orders and just keep going back to the same stucked position.

6. I tried manuvering the starship going full impulse speed or reversing but indicator show that the impulse speed full but impulse speed is 0.0.

7. I already tried every options given to me but when I log in. I am still stuck in the same place.

8. When i ask for the Gm help again. Still get the same answer given in in item 2...

It's really fustrating not getting an assist but a canned response that does not address your concern....