Lieutenant
I am going to post this once and I expect a hundred people trying to explain it to me and it is not that I do not understand what people are trying to say it is that I am saying in Star Trek History, Lore, Past whatever you want to call it Time Travel has changed the present and not created a parallel Universe. Parallel Universes were explored in the Mirror universe stories which followed Quantum theory that every decision that can be made has been made but that is not what happens with JJ ****efest a Romulan goes back and alters the past.

In First Contact when the Borg Sphere goes back in time and prevents Zephram Cochrane's warp flight the Enterprise still in the present witness a change immediately and then go back fix what went wrong and return to the unaltered present.
Again these events change slight things in the past as Borg are left on Earth and that is an example of effect preceding cause as this is what causes the first Borg cube to come to Earth as seen in Q-Who. Again changes in the past effecting the present not creating an alternate timeline where nothing remains changes in the prime universe and an alternate universe is created. There is one timeline, it is a singular and it can be changed and fixed.

In Yesterdays Enterprise when the Enterprise C comes through the temporal rift there is an instant change in the present and then when it goes back the change is again instantaneous as the timeline is repaired a new timeline is not created. Another proof from Star Trek lore is that Sela is created in the present, a new universe is not created as people claim she exists in the prime universe as some people have coined it.

In the Voyager episode Relativity Captain Braxton tries to destroy Voyager in hopes of changing the timeline, not in hopes of creating a new universe. If changes in the past did nothing in your universe but created new universes then there would have been no point for him to destroy Voyager in the past as he would have not reaped the benefits and neither would the Borg in First Contact for that matter.

In Trials and Tribbeations Arne Darvin tries to kill Kirk in the past in the hopes it will change his past and present, again not create an alternate universe where he would not reap the benefits. In that episode also Temporal Investigations confirm that changes would be witnessed in the present although they would not be aware of them.

In the Year of Hell the Krenim Temporal Weapon ship eradicates species and objects from history and the timeline changes resulting in changes in the present, NOT ALTERNATE UNIVERSES! These are all fixed when the weapon ship is destroyed again changing the present!

So my point is this for Vulcan to still exist in STO someone must have gone back in time and saved it from Nero and repaired the timeline.

Last edited by kaaahhhhhnnnnn; 03-02-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Captain
# 2
03-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Strongly recommend you watch this review and get back to us.
Lieutenant
# 3
03-02-2013, 02:20 AM
As I said it was annoying me, I have it off my chest now. I have nothing further to say
Captain
# 4
03-02-2013, 02:22 AM
Watch the review anyway. The part to do with the timeline stuff starts at 23:15.
Captain
# 5
Why get so worked up about it. The new films are fun adventure flicks in the spirit of the original TV series. The new films are about youth, the old films were about growing old.

There's space for both.
Lt. Commander
# 6
altenate universe.. anything is possible.
Career Officer
# 7
03-02-2013, 02:24 AM
So you are saying that the facts presented in the movies are false and you know better, than the manuscript, the characters in the movies and the IP holders...?

LOL

You are funny... Entertain me more.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 8
03-02-2013, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Why get so worked up about it. The new films are fun adventure flicks in the spirit of the original TV series. The new films are about youth, the old films were about growing old.

There's space for both.
The new films are not star trek anymore. There is no great moral behind it, its just popcorn-kino.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Captain
# 9
03-02-2013, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwhity View Post
The new films are not star trek anymore. There is no great moral behind it, its just popcorn-kino.
That's not what I took away from the reboot. The moral I learned was:

If you've suffered pain and loss and tragedy, you can use that as an excuse to lead a worthless life, or you can choose overcome it and become something better than what you are.
Lieutenant
# 10
03-02-2013, 02:34 AM
Emac that video is hilarious, I cannot believe I have never seen it before! Qudos!

And no Anazonda I am not saying anything I am using examples from established Trek lore to demonstrate they are wrong and bent the franchise just because they could not be bothered to learn the franchise and they wanted to avoid getting slated for continuity errors afterwards.

It might have been called Star Roaming blind in the Opposite direction to Trek

Last edited by kaaahhhhhnnnnn; 03-02-2013 at 02:40 AM.