Career Officer
# 1 Other than Romulans
03-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Short of anything Romulan (we've enough topics on that already) I'd like to know what else we're likely to see with the May Update. I've read about quite a few things being mentioned (the re-designing of character creation, another 20+ new ships, new tutorial missions, additional KDF content) etc ~ though I'm not sure whether such is due in May, or in the later Season 8 Update (cause the Update in May isn't Season 8).

But yeah, without mentioning the Green Team, what else is everyone expecting (or hoping) to see with the May Update?

The only thing I can think of would be another Lock Box. I initially thought the next Lock Box would be Breen Content (inc a Bridge for the Chel Grett), but now that I think about what May is all about, it seems more and more likely that we'll either get a Romulan Lock Box (one that wont actually produce any Romulans ships) or we'll get an Iconian Lock Box (though I'd hate to even think about what the rewards will be in that).
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
03-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Career Officer
# 3
03-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
A playable Sheliak Corporate!
You have very high (slightly delusional) expectations.
Captain
# 4
03-02-2013, 08:34 AM
Introduction of Quatloos as a currency.

Completion of Pelia Sector.

Refurbished Fluidic Space Fleet Action.

Refurbished Crystaline Entity Encounter.

New Hair Tech.

Retrait Tokens

Respecies Tokens

Regender Tokens
Career Officer
# 5
03-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Well, Dstahl (as reliable a source as he's been on the topic) outright said that the next KDF-specific missions would be out in May, so I'd expect some work on the KDF faction. Beyond that, I'm suspending my hopes and speculation until I have more information.
Career Officer
# 6
03-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkindness2 View Post
Well, Dstahl (as reliable a source as he's been on the topic) outright said that the next KDF-specific missions would be out in May, so I'd expect some work on the KDF faction.
This is where I worry.

If there is a Featured Episode Series in May (highly likely, if not obvious by now) would this not count toward "new KDF missions". When we hear "new KDF missions" we hear "new KDF missions, specific for KDF players". When Dstahl says "new KDF missions" he probably means "new Universal missions that will be played by both FED & KDF players; such being the Rom FE Series".

That is my concern at least.
Career Officer
# 7
03-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
This is where I worry.

If there is a Featured Episode Series in May (highly likely, if not obvious by now) would this not count toward "new KDF missions". When we hear "new KDF missions" we hear "new KDF missions, specific for KDF players". When Dstahl says "new KDF missions" he probably means "new Universal missions that will be played by both FED & KDF players; such being the Rom FE Series".

That is my concern at least.
The question that he was responding to was explicitly about KDF-specific missions. I'll see if I can dig up the reference, but that is definitely what the question asked.

Edit: Here's the interview, PeregrineFalcon asks about KDF-exclusive content at 43:02, dstahl says without reservation "May".

Last edited by darkkindness2; 03-02-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
03-02-2013, 08:47 AM
I'd like to see some welcome aesthetic fixes (some hairstyles beaming up before your body) and UI fixes (like the mouseover HUD status setting being still broken).

I think we'll also see (or at least the foundation for) a new kit system whereby players can customize what kit powers they want to have in a mod-able sense.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 9
03-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkindness2 View Post
The question that he was responding to was explicitly about KDF-specific missions. I'll see if I can dig up the reference, but that is definitely what the question asked.
Then I'll refrain from being concerned.

Thanks in advance for digging up the specific Q&A.
Captain
# 10
03-02-2013, 08:48 AM
I would like to see KDF (ONLY) missions so we can have something that feds won't have which in turn will add more players to KDF so they can play new content.
And MU Bridges and maybe a room on the engineering deck that has a agony booth in for the unruly doffs.