Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 525
# 1 NuTrek on STO?
03-02-2013, 07:49 AM
I really loved some of the design of the last movie and uniform.. which was really great.

Loved the bridge and the view screen that was also a window.

Any chance of seeing this on STO?

.. I would really like to emerge my character in that setting.


Sighs, probably know the answer to that question already.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 258
# 2
03-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
I really loved some of the design of the last movie and uniform.. which was really great.

Loved the bridge and the view screen that was also a window.

Any chance of seeing this on STO?

.. I would really like to emerge my character in that setting.


Sighs, probably know the answer to that question already.
Considering that ST2009 took us to an alternate timeline, and the game follows the story ramifications that that had on the original timeline, I'd rate it as not very likely.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,758
# 3
03-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
Any chance of seeing this on STO?
Unless I'm mistaken, CBS haven't approved Cryptic to use anything from the new film/timeline. Until that changes, your request isn't likely.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 368
# 4
03-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, CBS haven't approved Cryptic to use anything from the new film/timeline. Until that changes, your request isn't likely.
It's not even that. It's that they have no say in the matter. They don't own anything that originally appears in that movie (such as the designs for the starships and such), so they can't authorize Cryptic to include anything related to it, in STO.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 5
03-02-2013, 08:16 AM
The main timeline and STO itself are copyrighted by CBS.

The ST2009 timeline is copyrighted by Paramount.

Why do you think we haven't seen the Red Matter Capacitor in the C-Store yet?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,758
# 6
03-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
It's not even that. It's that they have no say in the matter. They don't own anything that originally appears in that movie (such as the designs for the starships and such), so they can't authorize Cryptic to include anything related to it, in STO.
Yet CBS hold the license for Star Trek related material, so surely it would have to go through them before it went through Cryptic? No?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 795
# 7
03-02-2013, 08:21 AM
It is more complicated then that.
Basicaly,
CBS holds the rights and say for the series and Movies.
Paramount holds the rights for the new movies.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,758
# 8
03-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
The main timeline and STO itself are copyrighted by CBS.

The ST2009 timeline is copyrighted by Paramount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
CBS holds the rights and say for the series and Movies.
Paramount holds the rights for the new movies.
So, in other words, CBS has no say what-so-ever in regard to Abrams Trek Film(s)? Thus if Cryptic wants to use any of that material, they're going to need to get permission from paramount (who will likely require a fee somewhat substantial to the one already likely being paid to CBS).
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,143
# 9
03-02-2013, 08:33 AM
I believe one of the bridges I have is based on the rebooted Enterprise.
__________________________________
STO Forum member since before February 2010.
STO Academy's excellent skill planner here: Link
I actually avoid success entirely. It doesn't get me what I want, and the consequences for failure are slim. -- markhawman
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,297
# 10
03-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkindness2 View Post
Considering that ST2009 took us to an alternate timeline, and the game follows the story ramifications that that had on the original timeline, I'd rate it as not very likely.
I'm wearing an Enterprise era uniform aboard the ISS Wambundu, a Mirror Universe Fleet Escort, grouped with a teammate flying a Galaxy X Dreadnaught wearing a Mirror Universe uniform with a Gorn first officer.

What original timeline?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 AM.