Lieutenant
# 41
03-03-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0vastarone View Post
and almost every friend I have in STO DC's as well. Game freezes...like someone hit the pause button..and boots me to the login screen. Seriously....can nobody keep this game running?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagrom7 View Post
They might as well turn tribble into another live server, its not like much bug testing goes on there anymore.
And Redshirt...
Empire Veteran
# 42
03-03-2013, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpolebreaker View Post
You people whining and crying and blaming cryptic need to take some networking lessons. It's not cryptic, but their isp or one of the ones on the way. The servers obviously arent crashing because not EVERYONE is getting kicked off, and there's little cryptic can do except ***** at their isp to fix things faster...

So.... chill.
A wild fanboy appears.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Career Officer
# 43
03-03-2013, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpolebreaker View Post
You people whining and crying and blaming cryptic need to take some networking lessons. It's not cryptic, but their isp...
And you know this how? It could be an upstream provider issue, but it could very well be an issue within their data center(s). You seem to think "network issue" only means ISP issue.

As for "whining and crying" to Cryptic, they are the provider and we are the customers. Even if you're right and the problem is something 3rd party, it is Cryptic's responsibility to get it fixed.
Republic Veteran
# 44
03-03-2013, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman98 View Post

As for "whining and crying" to Cryptic, they are the provider and we are the customers. Even if you're right and the problem is something 3rd party, it is Cryptic's responsibility to get it fixed.
I'll remember that when I'm hosting a Pay per view boxing at my house and my cable goes out and I need to fix and not the cable company.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Career Officer
# 45
03-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Huh? In that example the Cable company is still the provider and you are the customer. Why wouldn't you ***** at the Cable Co.?
Commander
# 46
03-03-2013, 03:18 AM
well wonder who pushed the red button this time?
Andy@andy30
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1615554000&dateline=1  365460663
Lieutenant
# 47
03-03-2013, 03:43 AM
the servers EPS conduits have ruptured again. send in a engenering team with a big roll of duct tape for this one

but yeah same here, ship looks like its having a seizure trying to move
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
I think even by the standards of this forum, claiming that the 19th of March = April Fool's is pushing all limits of sanity.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-03-2013, 05:30 AM
already wrote about it in previous topic, but yes, same here, still I might add
Lieutenant
# 49
03-03-2013, 07:05 AM
You folks are lucky. I was disconned at least 20 times in the last 4 hours and my game is so laggy that I can't even fight in the Arenas anymore. One second I have my foe in front of me, then after a very brief freezeup, I am suddenly 30+ KMs past my foe with shields going down fast.
But I shouldn't complain...one of my fleet's leaders has been unable to log on since his last discon...4 days ago. Fortunately, TeamSpeak DOES work and we are at least able to keep him posted as to what is going on.
Career Officer
# 50
03-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreeman98 View Post
And you know this how? It could be an upstream provider issue, but it could very well be an issue within their data center(s). You seem to think "network issue" only means ISP issue. ....
It could also be that in the real world, nearly all of the trans-pacific cable links are over-subscribed for their capacity, and the only real solution is to lay more cables to meet the ever growing demand for more bandwidth...

As if Cryptic/PWE has control over current conditions, or can afford the multi-billion dollar costs of laying a new link...