Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 81
03-22-2013, 04:19 AM
This thread is a goldmine. KDF expansion eh? What kind of KDF expansion focuses on releasing the Romulan Faction?

What a joke. But anyone who has spent absolutely any time as a Klingon knew the score a long time ago, still it's humerous to see the apologizers struggle to make lemonade out of lemons.
Empire Veteran
# 82
03-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Dan has either outright lied again about the KDF expansion again, or there is actually a KDf expansion in the works and he loves to troll the KDF playerbase as much as he can, much like Al Rivera.
Captain
# 83
03-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Kdf gets to start as level 1. Sounds like an expansion to me.
Empire Veteran
# 84
03-22-2013, 10:47 AM
We wait and see. Nothing more we do can alter whats in motion.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 85
03-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
We wait and see. Nothing more we do can alter whats in motion.
We simply have to wait for more information how they're gonna make the level 1 start thing happen.
Captain
# 86
03-22-2013, 10:50 AM
For the love of Kahless people, stop speculating and just relax.

What we know:

Come May Klingons will get to start from level 1.

That is all. From Cryptic's previous comments, I am assuming that that means we will have the missing 25-30 story missions we sorely need. Could they not be delivering on that. Sure, it is possible. but if they are just going to drop the KDF down to level 1 with no story missions to back it up, why wait till now.

The whole reason KDF started at 20 was cause that was where the contents "supported" them. Dropping it down to level 1 without the content makes no sense, and less sense to do it now, rather then whenever.

Don't take the Romulan Faction as a sign that KDF is SOL again. Until I get on Tribble to test the may update (whenever that starts) and see my worst fears realized, I am going to give cryptic the benefit of the doubt and WAIT AND SEE.
Lt. Commander
# 87
03-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
...I am assuming that that means we will have the missing 25-30 story missions we sorely need. Could they not be delivering on that. Sure, it is possible. but if they are just going to drop the KDF down to level 1 with no story missions to back it up, why wait till now...
You must be an eternal optimistic or looking at things through thick sunglasses. Here are what I'm reading on the page they made public yesterday:

Quote:
Play as a Romulan or Reman and immerse yourself in new story-driven missions written exclusively from the Romulan Republic's point of view.
Quote:
Create your first character as a member of the Federation, Klingon Empire, or Romulan Republic and level your captain from 1 to 50.
Don't you think that the target audience for that website is anything but current players?

Don't you think that if they were adding something new for the KDF, they wouldnt have tried to promote it too?

They're just gonna find a way to strech something already in the game for the first 20 levels. That's it. And that's not speculation.
Career Officer
# 88
03-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post

Addendum: I personally think the world is ready for Star Trek: Battlecruiser Vengence
it would be total cheese, many space battles, a few interstellar issues solved with massive firepower, courage, and a application of a Bat'leth where needed, and every week will have a new and utterly babely alien female who will be overcome by the captains manly charms, rugged good looks, and unrefutable sense of honor and duty. And a nemisis federation, and romulan ship that always just manages to escape destruction after utterly failing in thier mission to stop the depredations of the I.K.S. Vengence. Thats right, a Trek show that sells with strait up sex and violence.. what fun! But we will be sneaky.. there will be moral dilema's, and decisions that come back to haunt our stalwart crew, captain, and ship. And when all is said and done, it WILL be Star Trek.

Wheres my pop corn?
Aw... was hoping for Kurosawa-remake-based tales of Klingon Honor and glory...
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Career Officer
# 89
03-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Kdf gets to start as level 1. Sounds like an expansion to me.
Expansions typically provide additional content at the top of the chain, not the bottom. Sounds more like a patch to me.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Empire Veteran
# 90
03-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonkman View Post
You must be an eternal optimistic or looking at things through thick sunglasses. Here are what I'm reading on the page they made public yesterday:

Don't you think that the target audience for that website is anything but current players?

Don't you think that if they were adding something new for the KDF, they wouldnt have tried to promote it too?

They're just gonna find a way to strech something already in the game for the first 20 levels. That's it. And that's not speculation.

Until we get more information its all pure speculation, and how will they stretch something already in-game? Perhaps when you consider the Fed low level missions dealing with the Changeling and coming to blows against the KDF it could easily, and justifiably be quite similar as the KDF were certainly trying to deal with the same issue, so we could see it from the KDF point of view. We shall see.

This isn't being marketed as a KDF expansion and as others have noted the KDF is barely mentioned, other than being in the same paragraph as being able to be leveled 1 to 50.