Lt. Commander
# 111
01-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Dam Lag is unbearable i was in Mid mission i was in the mission for 30 mins already and then i get Disconnected and now i have to do it all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 112 dwnload issues.....geezus
01-13-2010, 07:03 PM
26 hours waiting to dwnload,dwnloading then in the middle of character creation you bring dwn the server for 2 hours .holy crap batman!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 113
01-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2zz
26 hours waiting to dwnload,dwnloading then in the middle of character creation you bring dwn the server for 2 hours .holy crap batman!!!!!!!
You have my sympathies
Lt. Commander
# 114 rubberbanding/retrograding
01-13-2010, 07:13 PM
I just want to say that as a female officer, I'm glad I'm not forced to wear heels in this, because all female officers would have sprained ankles thanks to all this rubberbanding/retrograding. (Where you go 20 steps and then warp back to where you started...)
Lt. Commander
# 115 Beta testing is fun.
01-13-2010, 07:14 PM
So I buy STO from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, get my Key about a week ago. Find out Beta opened on the 2nd. Waiting impatiently as I downloaded from file planet. So stressed when I couldn't log in at 10am, took about 4 hours before I could. Beta testing is fun. You got random server disconnections, players running through Sirius sector, ships rezzed on planets, missions unable to finish, items disappearing from your inventory, lag, more disconnections, patches, full maps, open fleet events, giant Tribbles in your away team, yet more disconnections and so on. If it wasn't Star Trek they should keep the game like that.

Anyone still awaiting to play just be patient. Soon enough STO wizards will fix the basic problems and let you play more often without disconnections. I've never beta tested a game before but understand so many problems can happen that you don't expect. Although I pretty much expected the problems being had now, although I thought it would be more glitchy, so Well done Cryptic for letting a load of us play there game before it comes out. I hope they fix the bugs and keep adding content.

Just make sure everyone keeps issuing tickets when they see a bug. It'll make the game a lot better if us players can find them all.
Lt. Commander
Hello.

I downloaded the file - took almost 5 hours - and I extracted it and now I do not know what to do from this point. How do I get on the game. Please send me an email with instructions as to how to do this.

Tyvm, BFN, StarTrek777.......
Lt. Commander
# 117 Hey folks
01-13-2010, 07:23 PM
There are fast downloads to be had at bigdownload.com or words to that effect....it took me 2 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 118
01-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Took me about 45 minutes to download off fileplanet
Lt. Commander
# 119
01-13-2010, 07:34 PM
I downloaded it from the STO site because fileplanet was going slower than it was. Still took about 4 hours. Then it just asked me to install and stuff. I don't know what to tell you but hope you can get it installed soon.
Lt. Commander
# 120
01-13-2010, 07:46 PM
I astonished by the insistent whining from every one on the BUGS & Download issues of a "BETA" release , Down loading was simple here went to file planet and was rather impatient, rather then screaming kicking or "Whining at Cryptic i paid $7 jumped in line and DLed in 1.5 hours patched in 10 mins & was ready to play , the lag to be expected in a "BETA" if you want perfection donít join and sit on your ass watch some boob tube till 2/2/10 and play the formal release of the game..

as far as Cryptic. you have done a GREAT job developing this game I have truly enjoyed what Iíve seen thus far and am honored to be part of the testing phase as i would call a great milestone in the Star Trek world .

for you whiners use another thread this thread titled "Known Issues we're tracking" I would like to be able to read this thread as issues arise unhindered by your acts of tamptrums