Lt. Commander
# 121
01-13-2010, 08:00 PM
A great thanks to Cryptic for letting us play the game early.

That being said, people remember a lot of the issues are going to be there because this is a beta. We are here to give them information on improving the experience and weeding out the bugs that are apparent in any game, especially MMO's where there is so much content its hard to catch everything at once.

When the game comes back from maintenance, remember when you encounter a problem send them a bug ticket so they can be aware if its new, or know its wide spread if it isn't. Together with the developers and us as testers we can try to make this the best experience it can be.

Thanks again Cryptic, for spending so much of your time developing a game that we can enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 122
01-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D34dp00l

That being said, people remember a lot of the issues are going to be there because this is a beta. We are here to give them information on improving the experience and weeding out the bugs that are apparent in any game, especially MMO's where there is so much content its hard to catch everything at once.

When the game comes back from maintenance, remember when you encounter a problem send them a bug ticket so they can be aware if its new, or know its wide spread if it isn't. Together with the developers and us as testers we can try to make this the best experience it can be.

Thanks again Cryptic, for spending so much of your time developing a game that we can enjoy.
Ill second that
Lt. Commander
# 123
01-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D34dp00l

qft. yes, again.
Lt. Commander
# 124 Warping to Sol Sector
01-13-2010, 08:42 PM
I've been stuck on the Warp to Sol sector (i presume the completion of the tutorial). For some reason I cannot get the zone to load. I've tried several times of shutting down the game and logging back in, only to find myself stuck warping still. Also, I've tried letting the game sit there for an hour (i presume trying to load the zone) and to come back and nothing has chnaged.

/shrug... lets hope once the servers are up, i get to go somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 125
01-13-2010, 08:46 PM
I downloaded the game from the Torrent, 20 hours to the game to come.
Played it without problems, except the connection one, but i could play a long time.
But, as i can see this does not happend to everyone so it bugs me.

They have said that the core of this game is from Champion's Online right?

Ok Then, now, dident they have the same problems with Champion's Online Beta fase?

I think people learn from they experiences, does they not?

Or Champion's Online was just smoth without a bug?
I don't know becouse i never played that game, but they told us that the core comes from there, so i am just curious about the BETA of Champion's Online.

What did happend in there? connection problems? download problems?

In my point of view, this stress over the servers just to see if it works is not really needed.
Becouse they have the Champion's Online experience to know if the server can hold or not.
The core of the game is the same, so the stress is the same too.

I know that STO will have mutch more people online, but, they could made this stress test on the CLOSED Beta and not in the Open one.

How can we teste a game that is not available to the played?

I am a developer and i know what a BETA is, and i know that it MUST be at least a LITTLE stable.

How can you test something that just drops you? becouse of HARDWARE problems?

We are testing a software not it's host.

It should be more planned.

If they are having other problems then i think they need to let us know what is going on.

I come from SWG, so i am felling a lot of diference in the game play, the camer moves very slow wen you drag with the mouse, and you can do a nice lock on the camera with the mouse movements.

They could improve this, wen you get an enemy behind is very hard to move to a position where you can see it.

That's all that i have to report.
Lt. Commander
# 126
01-13-2010, 08:53 PM
ditto that Keep up the good work Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 127 Love
01-13-2010, 09:16 PM
I am truely loving this game so far so please bring it back up so i can stay up late and be tired for physical training tomorrow morning....gotta love being a trekkie and a soldier
Lt. Commander
# 128
01-13-2010, 09:20 PM
I did the beta for Champions, and that wasn't 100% smooth.
The very fact that I was able to play last night, the first night of open beta, is a good sign. If you've done betas before, you know to pretty much plan on not playing the first night. It's the first massive influx of players the game experiences, and the very framework of the game is hit harder than ever.
So while this is hardly a flawless beta (oxymoron, truly) It's still already doing better than most, and is a sign that they know what they're up against on a technical level.
Lt. Commander
# 129
01-13-2010, 09:50 PM
this is an awesome game and if it takes a server shut down each day to iron out the kinks fine by me like the saying goes u can't make a omelet without breaking a few eggs so cryptic will fix things then we can enjoy a mmo that is a long time coming
Lt. Commander
# 130
01-13-2010, 09:54 PM
I finally get the game downloaded and installed, start making a character and then the server goes down. My patience is running thin, but that is due to my own anxiety to play the game! Like everyone else said, its beta...