Lt. Commander
# 371
01-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonthas View Post
Okay, I picked up a beta key yesterday, from Game Stop. I go to the downloader page, and I get the same thing as those that posted earlier in this thread, including their downloader and the torrent download option. The problem with the torrent option, is there are NO Seeders, and little to know leechers. That makes torrent download next to impossible. AND, the Star Trek downloader they suggest if having issues with their affiliates is that it's taking FOREVER to download. I started it this morning, and I'm only now at 30% 8 hours later. No, we are NOT on dial-up. We do have high speed internet, but this is really ridiculous. If you are going to recommend torrent, then perhaps you should have a couple of dedicated seeders.
Try again on bit torrent.
Lt. Commander
# 372
01-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdublade View Post
YEAAAAAAAAAA! After the last big patch, my Saurian can skill up now! I see that the graphics have improved in a lot of areas too. Now if only I can get the Significant Other/Chief Financial Officer to approve the release of funds for the lifetime subscription....

On the other hand, I see that the tab-targeting still only seems to target what's visible on my screen and closest to the screen center, not the closest enemy (really annoying when said closest enemy is behind me).
Did you change the default behavior for targeting in the Options. I believe its in the Controls tab. Scroll down and there's a bunch of options. I think one of them allows you to target off screen enemies, and a different option determines whether TAB order is nearest -> farthest or whatever order the game automatically generates.
Lt. Commander
# 373
01-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baladen View Post
Did you change the default behavior for targeting in the Options. I believe its in the Controls tab. Scroll down and there's a bunch of options. I think one of them allows you to target off screen enemies, and a different option determines whether TAB order is nearest -> farthest or whatever order the game automatically generates.
I have tried that yet it doesn't seem to save after I go offline. Anyone else have that problem?
Lt. Commander
# 374
01-26-2010, 09:28 PM
I finally got my beta key and installed the game but the patching keeps going on and on, will it ever stop?
Lt. Commander
# 375
01-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Well Beta ended yeserday... and weve had over 1 Gig worth of patches since the start of beta
Lt. Commander
# 376
01-27-2010, 04:32 PM
I was able to download the beta in about 3 1/2 hrs and was able to log in the first time. From what I've been reading they have come a long way on improving the beta. I have had a few problems but that is what beta is all about. Looking forward to playing in Head start. Thanks STO