Lt. Commander
Torrent doesnt work...been Downloading for 14 hours on lotro server and have 37%, never should have purchased a retail copy at the store (gamestop) this is a full blown failure to launch, I for one am ****ed....I should have been playing this game at 10 pst, I paid $80 for the chance.......cryptic you blew it, DL for this should have been going for 3 days prior to 1/12 at least......hope all that got it are having fun.....but I'm ****ed, maybe I'll see the 29th early play but I doubt it.....again happy for all those that can actually try it
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Wow, I guess that proves your point that a lot of people don't understand the word BETA and that the game isn't released for another 2 weeks. <sigh>
Lt. Commander
# 33 unable to download
01-12-2010, 04:47 PM
I activated my key but I am unable to download the game. One of the download sites requires membership and subscription, so that one is out. One of them did not have the download links for the beta and two are in German and my understanding of German is not very good. The last site (atomicgamer) keeps telling me that it cannot display the page, just as I am about to download after waiting in the queue.

I suspect I will have to wait until I get the game in the store

The downloader does not seem to work, perhaps there are too many people attempting to download using the download application.

Lt. Commander
# 34
01-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selectone
I just purchased STO deluxe edition from atari, I have entered my code and want to download the client, It sends me to the download page where it gives me the pre order and non pre order options. The 3 preorder options all want to make me pay a 2nd time , the non pre order want to make me register and join them at a cost .... whats up with this ? where exactly can I get the download I already paid for ?
There seem to be a lot of bugs in the system right now, suggest you go with the flow and try again in a few days. If it still is buggy then I'd contact Atari support.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
You do understand that today is a Stress test, right?
except its not labeled as a stress test. Furthermore a true stress test has people log on at a set time frame to TRY to crash the system. Again, no notice of this intent. All it appears to be doing is frustrating thier customer base.

I know several people who basicly said (in not so polite term) forget this, and logged off the game. Again not the desired reaction if your doing a stress test.

This has more of an appearance that they didn't anticipate the number of people who appeared on the first day and the servers cannot handle the stress load.
Lt. Commander
# 36 Much looked forward too
01-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Purchase and download went smooth via Steam, gj guys on that end.

Gameplay however is still very frustrating, if I can manage to log on. My issues are with instances... I keep getting trapped in instances either from the next sector/map being full or because of spontaneous insta-boots from server. Since the server seems to be directing me to certain maps, why can't it find a spot for me instead of just booting?
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemsis
except its not labeled as a stress test. Furthermore a true stress test has people log on at a set time frame to TRY to crash the system. Again, no notice of this intent. All it appears to be doing is frustrating thier customer base.

I know several people who basicly said (in not so polite term) forget this, and logged off the game. Again not the desired reaction if your doing a stress test.

This has more of an appearance that they didn't anticipate the number of people who appeared on the first day and the servers cannot handle the stress load.
open BETA is by definition a Stress test, Most particularly the first few days.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollywog View Post
I activated my key but I am unable to download the game. One of the download sites requires membership and subscription, so that one is out. One of them did not have the download links for the beta and two are in German and my understanding of German is not very good. The last site (atomicgamer) keeps telling me that it cannot display the page, just as I am about to download after waiting in the queue.

I suspect I will have to wait until I get the game in the store

The downloader does not seem to work, perhaps there are too many people attempting to download using the download application.

After many attempts at getting to the end of the queue at Atomic Gamer, I was able to get the download started.
If the weather cooperates and there are no interruptions of electric power, I should have my file in 19 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-12-2010, 06:27 PM
With all the competition this game has out there and the fact that within the next year it will be growing at a much larger rate, they might want to get this stuff fixed. 19 hour to download a game with the highest internet speed is ridiculous. I personally tried file planet, waited 4 hours to download the game downloaded it in 2 and the file was corrupted. I really wanted to play this game but now not so sure.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Soooo I have the game downloaded and installed.... just how long does it take to patch???
Seems like I have been looking at the same screen with no % increase in like 20 min??!?!?!?
Whats up with that?
Is it patching? Installing and patching at the same time?
-Dr. Wier