Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Cancel a rep project?
02-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Ok so I got click happy and selected a rep project without thinking and now im wondering if there is a way to cancel it. t would be really stupid on PWE part if they overlooked the option to cancel a project. Also I had no idea where to post this thread so I just did it here. :S
Captain
# 2
02-26-2013, 04:01 PM
There is talk about adding this feature to projects, but right now you are screwed. So complete it or ignore it. They finally added the option to cancel a specific fleet project a few weeks ago, so it looks like they are close.
Republic Veteran
# 3
02-26-2013, 04:04 PM
This topic has been brought many times to the Devs, check before posting a new thread.

But to answer your question, NO, you cannot unslot ANY Reputation, Embassy or Starbase project as of right now, the devs do know about this issue and are...hmmm....kinda sorta, maybe thinking up a fair solution for us, but i would not hold my breath for that to happen.
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Ensign
# 4 Fun first
02-28-2013, 11:14 AM
A fair solution? What are all the 1s and 0s going to be mad if we get back the stuff we put into the our personal projects. The game is supposed to be fun. That should always be first. Does this mechanic add fun or not. If it creates aggravation to to no allow a cancel then it should be allowed. There is no loss to anyone; unless there is a conscious decision being made to profit on the mistakes of others. Is there?
Career Officer
# 5
02-28-2013, 11:24 AM
yep this is an easily done problem, I accidentally queued a turn over omega bits for dilithium as next project and could not remove it so am now in a position I cannot advance rep until I get enough marks to do this one. Surely we should be able to at least stop a queued project?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Career Officer
# 6
02-28-2013, 04:42 PM
I didn't I finished mine but it reset to the original values of 0 even tho I received the item, now I can't do anything else In that slot because there's some old project there that doesn't want to leave, a patch later and it's still present. Sigh. I need an X button.
Career Officer
# 7
02-28-2013, 04:59 PM
I think the main issue they have to deal with on canceling projects (be they Starbase, Embasy, Rep, etc.) is how to handle the refund of assets already donated.

For rep, I guess it's easier. Just put the items/marks back in your inventory.

But for a fleet? If you have a lot of fleet members donating crew, dil, marks, consumables, etc. who gets what if the project is canceled?

Does it all go away?
Does it go to the fleet director?
Does everyone get their stuff back?
And if so...
Does Cryptic even track exactly what each person donates, outside of fleet credit conversion?
What is someone got fleet credits for donating and then spent it all, THEN the project is canceled? Do they go into negative fleet credits?
What if a project is canceled and a person dosen't have room in their inventory to take back 200 Mk 1 torpedoes?

It is truly a can o' worms and I can see why they are reluctant (careful?) about making such a "simple" change.

Join AIE Today! http://forum.myextralife.com/forum/6...r-trek-online/
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
02-28-2013, 05:52 PM
If we add the ability to cancel Reputation Projects, it will not refund any materials input into the Project. As soon as you contribute those items, they are gone - we have no way of tracking them past that point, or returning them.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Republic Veteran
# 9
02-28-2013, 05:58 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Captain
# 10
02-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
If we add the ability to cancel Reputation Projects, it will not refund any materials input into the Project. As soon as you contribute those items, they are gone - we have no way of tracking them past that point, or returning them.
I would personally be fine with this as long as it came with one of those big flashing popup windows of doom warning you to be sure about what you're doing. Besides if you realize you've made a mistake hopefully you do so *before* you put 15 000 Dilithium towards it. If not, it's just internet Darwinism. We've all been there but you can't always expect a machine to compensate for your mistakes.

I think adding it in this form would be quite reasonable, personally.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom