Commander
# 1 what would you buy with Lobi?
02-28-2013, 02:09 PM
So, at the minute, i have a massive influx of EC coming through. My Dil is going on ZEN for my B'rel, and everything is looking rosy.

I'm opening maybe 2-3 lockboxes a day with the EC i'm getting, and because of this, i'm quickly gathering Lobi Crystals.

The first item i bought with my Lobi, is the Ferengi Energy Whip. I couldn't resist! If you have one, use it against the Salt Vamps, its awesome! Standard hits are between 120-150 each, and a good flank can knock 260 off your opponent in one go! Also, the stun works very well at countering their mind altering effects.

Anyhoo, i've already amassed 38 crystals, and with my current opening rate, i'm looking (worst case scenario) of getting between 8-12 a day. So i'm wondering what to buy next. Do i go for another cool sidearm like the stasis pistol, or the Tholian sword? Or shall i save up for something a bit more extravagant like the Rapid fire missile launcher?

Saving 800 for a ship seems very far away, besides with all the lockboxes im opening, i'll probably get one before long, besides, i'm only interested in the B'rel at the moment.

So if you were actively saving up for something, what would you get?

I would also love to hear from other lobi shoppers about things to buy, and things to avoid

Last edited by ironmako; 02-28-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
02-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Grabbing the skirts for your KDF females is always a good idea. Though you have to gauge whether or not to buy them for EC off the exchange or straight from the Lobi Store. Be warned though, if you use the skirt on an Orion BOff, they won't be able to use Orion sandals so you're stuck with pointy boots.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Career Officer
# 3
02-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Rapid Fire Missile Launcher is a way to lower energy drain and get kinetic damage on a beam boat. That's not necessary for KDF ships. Go for the Tachyokinetic Converter. Crit and turn rate bonus in one console? Awesome!

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Republic Veteran
# 4
02-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Tachyokinetic Universal Console!
http://www.stowiki.org/Temporal_Warfare_Set
Empire Veteran
# 5
02-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Hands off the Rapid fire missile, it is pure junk.
A turret is more effective.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Ensign
# 6
02-28-2013, 02:31 PM
If your aimming for a B'rel they make great torpedo/mine boats and the Rule 62 console is a great addition since it increases damage for both types and as a universal can be slotted in a sci or eng slot.
Commander
# 7
02-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslithany View Post
If your aimming for a B'rel they make great torpedo/mine boats and the Rule 62 console is a great addition since it increases damage for both types and as a universal can be slotted in a sci or eng slot.
Console - Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat Console - Wow, this does look interesting, and for only 200 lobi? Defo looks like it may have to be the next thing to buy!

I wouldnt buy a skirt, as my fem bridge officers all have their legs covered, even the Orion fems. They do practically have their t*ts on display already, i don't need them bearing any more flesh! lol

Is there much in the way of good clothing for Klingons? Not sure how my character would look in a temporal Jumpsuit, rather camp i'd imagine!

You have given me food for thought though. Is there an item in the lobi shop (apart from the ships) which sells for a ridiculous amount on the exchange? If there is then maybe i might look at a purchase for investment perhaps?

Last edited by ironmako; 02-28-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 8
02-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Don't have lobi. Don't open lockboxes.
Commander
# 9
02-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Don't have lobi. Don't open lockboxes.
Ah you should, you will find many treats inside! Besides its nice when you get a more "common" ship like i did on my 11th box. I got a Qin Raptor, and put it straight on the exchange. got another lock box key from the proceeds.

I just wish they put the Nanopulse Bat'leth into the consortium. I missed the christmas event and have been kicking myself ever since!

Its a shame about the missiles being pants. It sounded so retro, i thought it would be a cool weapon to have. nevermind.
Captain
# 10
02-28-2013, 03:09 PM
I know it would take a while. The Jem Dread is what I would go after. I'm saving up the boxes now to open later on and try to get it. I would love to fly that Dread with my Jem has the tactical officer.