Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
Here's some tests I ran with one to two Embassy Science consoles with Plasma DOT on them. The consoles tested are all Power Insulators mk X and XI.

Plasma energy weapons:
They get a bonus to their plasma damage, and they also get a bonus to their DOT.
1) Without consoles: 1,084.8 plasma damage, 867.8 DPS, 101.4 DOT
2) With a mk X console: 1,107.3 plasma damage, 885.8 DPS, 103.5 DOT

Plasma kinetic weapons:
They only boost plasma DOT, as the plasma torpedoes actually do kinetic damage with a plasma DOT proc.
1) Without console: 1,566.3 DOT (Omega torp)
2) With mk X console: 1,590.9 DOT (Omega torp)

Non-plasma energy weapons:
Rather than the procs stacking, you get separate procs to any of your energy weapons. The more you stack, the more they boost each others' DOT.
1) Mk XI console: 78.3 plasma DOT
2) MK X console: 73.1 plasma DOT
3) MK XI + X console: 83.9 plasma DOT + 78.7 plasma DOT added to each of your weapons.
Career Officer
# 2
03-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Are you just running Plasma weapons from the Romulan rep system or regular ones as well?
~My current ship and build~
Ensign
# 3
03-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Yes they must fix the plasma proc's so they don't stack anymore, getting 15 plasma procs is just to powerfull
Rihannsu
# 4
03-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1970 View Post
Yes they must fix the plasma proc's so they don't stack anymore, getting 15 plasma procs is just to powerfull
Fix it?
Plasma DOTs are the only reason to use plasma since it bypasses shields, everyone has plasma resistant shields for fighting the Borg meaning all plasma energy type weapons are handicapped. People were screaming for stackable plasma DOTs for the past few seasons.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Captain
# 5
03-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemike View Post
Are you just running Plasma weapons from the Romulan rep system or regular ones as well?
I actually was running these test across three different characters.

The plasma beam array test was on my new sci character, so it's just running basic plasma beam arrays. I actually don't intend to put a lot of effort on this character. If I do, I'd go for the Romulan arrays.
Captain
# 6
03-03-2013, 12:26 AM
If the DOTs are only stacking with consoles of different marks, it smells very strongly of "unintended feature".
Captain
# 7
03-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Quote:
That high number of stacks is from reputation torpedos and/or multiple players using plasma on the same target. Even with 8 energy weapons with several proc chances each, you'll never see 2 or 3 dots at the same time ticking from one player and energy weapons alone. It is still only 2,5% chance it's happening after all.

And how much DPS are 3 stacks? 300 DPS bonus? That is not game changing unless you run a rainbow build with 50 weapons power.

Quantum torps are also still better than the Reputation torps, but people see all the shiny plasma projectiles and high stack numbers and go OMG. But seriously folks, graph that crap and look at the numbers, plasma is competitive now, but it's hardly the best thing. (Not to mention anywhere outside of STFs the torps get shot down all the time from AoE fire).
Captain
# 8
03-03-2013, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Please tell me this is a joke

We've just seen a ship that can strap 7 weapons to the fore

Previous to that we saw a ship that turns like a bop tanks like an oddy and hits like a tactical nuclear missile

And your crying about a few shiny green flames
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 9
03-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
If the DOTs are only stacking with consoles of different marks, it smells very strongly of "unintended feature".
I didn't test same marks. I do have a shield emitter console with the plasma DOT. If I remember, I will test it tonight.
Stacking multiple consoles give separate plasma DOT procs, it does not add them together. If you had 4 science consoles, you'd get 4x 2.5% plasma DOT proc chances. However, the damage bonus from the 8.1% (I think was the value) and 9% appears to apply to each of the consoles. That is to say, the Mk XI is buffing the MK X plasma DOT damage, and vice-verse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
That high number of stacks is from reputation torpedos and/or multiple players using plasma on the same target. Even with 8 energy weapons with several proc chances each, you'll never see 2 or 3 dots at the same time ticking from one player and energy weapons alone. It is still only 2,5% chance it's happening after all.
The plasma DOT proc from the Embassy consoles stacks up to, I believe, 5 times. This is on top of the energy and kinetic plasma DOT (it's actually not a green color, but more of a tan/yellow color).

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
Quantum torps are also still better than the Reputation torps, but people see all the shiny plasma projectiles and high stack numbers and go OMG. But seriously folks, graph that crap and look at the numbers, plasma is competitive now, but it's hardly the best thing. (Not to mention anywhere outside of STFs the torps get shot down all the time from AoE fire).
I disagree. The kinetic damage is low, but you are guaranteed a 100% chance to proc a plasma DOT. On my B'rel torpedo boat, I get (as I said in my first post) 1,590.9 plasma DOT for 10 second (I think it was). That's 1,590.9 x 10 directly to the hull. It fires once every 1.5 seconds, and it stacks. For burst damage, I agree that the Quantums are better. But, if you can't kill the target, plasma and radiation DOT can be quite a threat.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
05-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Do the Plasma infused consoles that add to plasma weapon damage stack.
IE. if you were to run multiples do the additions add up? I know the Dot stack damage has been removed from them on tribble.