Lieutenant
hi
i got the mk XII maco set with the heavy graviton beam. but that thing is weak at least. does max 5k dmg with a hit. cant you make some addition to it? like it creates a special kind of graviton well or some special rift with dot or smth? the beam is ... well, quite useless.
just an idea.
greets
Republic Veteran
# 2
03-03-2013, 09:29 AM
check the info on it, it hsould say what kind of skill affects it and makes it stronger. search for consoles that boost that skill.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 3
03-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Also make sure that you're firing directly onto their hull and not through their shields. The damage done by the beam takes a 50% cut if you fire through their shields
The Spice Must Flow...
Captain
# 4
03-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spessmehreen View Post
Also make sure that you're firing directly onto their hull and not through their shields. The damage done by the beam takes a 50% cut if you fire through their shields
One of its advantages is its function against shields... shields take away 50% of the damage to the hull, but it's only 50%. It pierces through shields that normally take 90% or 95% of the damage. Most weapons are lucky if they deal several hundred against the hull if it's shielded, while HGB deals a couple thousand even with shields up.

However, HGB's main abilities are its repel (which usually knocks the target to where it takes less damage from your weapons rather than actually hindering it) and more importantly a short disable (by shutting down enemy systems for a period of time).
Please stop exponential holding/reputation costs!
Republic Veteran
# 5
03-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asches1 View Post
hi
i got the mk XII maco set with the heavy graviton beam. but that thing is weak at least. does max 5k dmg with a hit. cant you make some addition to it? like it creates a special kind of graviton well or some special rift with dot or smth? the beam is ... well, quite useless.
just an idea.
greets
Particle generators boost its damage and if I recall its also one of those skills that gets a fair share of damage from auxiliary. So if you don't run high auxiliary I would pop a aux battery before using it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
03-03-2013, 12:04 PM
That beam is only good for the knockback effect, which is only good for NWS or Starbase Defense. It's worthless for STFs, which is ironic since it was made for it.