Ensign
Okay. So I patched my Tribble Test Server (I had already downloaded it) because I had not used it in a while. When I started it up, it took me to the normal character creation screen. After I got started on my character, I went back to the selection screen. I clicked the "Create Content" tab and clicked the "Create Character" button. After setting my characters options, I clicked OK. Instantly, an error saying, "Character Creation Failed", popped up on the screen. Then I noticed a "Buy Foundry Slots" So I saved up 10000 Dilithium that was needed to purchase some slots. I clicked the button, and It took me to the purchasing screen. I bought the most slots I could, and after returning to the home screen, there were no slots to create missions. I tried creating another character, but there was still the same error. I am quite frustrated that I lost 10000 Dilithium that I went through ALOT of trouble obtaining. I also want to know why there are no slots and why my character creation is not working.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
07-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorgoreno View Post
Okay. So I patched my Tribble Test Server (I had already downloaded it) because I had not used it in a while. When I started it up, it took me to the normal character creation screen. After I got started on my character, I went back to the selection screen. I clicked the "Create Content" tab and clicked the "Create Character" button. After setting my characters options, I clicked OK. Instantly, an error saying, "Character Creation Failed", popped up on the screen. Then I noticed a "Buy Foundry Slots" So I saved up 10000 Dilithium that was needed to purchase some slots. I clicked the button, and It took me to the purchasing screen. I bought the most slots I could, and after returning to the home screen, there were no slots to create missions. I tried creating another character, but there was still the same error. I am quite frustrated that I lost 10000 Dilithium that I went through ALOT of trouble obtaining. I also want to know why there are no slots and why my character creation is not working.
I understand this can be frustrating. I've got some questions to try and track down the problem.

OK, this was on Tribble and not Holodeck, correct?

Since you had to by Foundry slots, you should have a Silver account, correct?

Were you trying to create a Klingon character? If so, it's a known issue and a fix is inbound but hasn't made it to Tribble or Holodeck yet as far as I know.

Have you tried creating a Federation character? If so and that is failing as well, are you just accepting the random selections that appear when you click Create Character? If not, what selections are you changing?

Thank you for your report and thank you for any additional detail you can provide. I'll look into this and see what I can find.