Career Officer
I've been enjoying the missions on New Romulus and have one of my alts "specializing" in maxing his reputation there. The missions are interesting and challenging, but who in the world wrote the mission briefings and instructions?!?

The mission you get when you hit Tier 2 reputation tells you to go to the Mountain Pass and take the codes from the wrecked shuttle. Well, as many players know, there is no shuttle there. You have to go to the Mountain Pass area, talk to a guy who gives you a seemingly unrelated mission, go into THAT instance, and there is where you'll find the shuttle.

At Tier 3, I just got the mission to go to the caves and look for a Tholian device just outside of the entrance. Once again, there is no Tholian device. I kind of figured this, this time. Sure enough, you go talk to some guy who gives you a totally different mission, which eventually leads you to your true mission. Unfortunately for me, at the conclusion, I was told to beam out and return to New Romulus. Once there, I found out that I had to "submit" my recording -- inside the instance! Which I can't get back into for 20 hours!!

I'm all for staying mysterious and letting a story unfold naturally, but don't give players totally bogus instructions. This is a poor way of telling a story and leads less to wonder and excitement, and more to frustration and anger.
Captain
# 2
03-03-2013, 01:37 PM
I understood the instructions just fine.

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Captain
# 3
03-03-2013, 02:03 PM
When I first did the reputation and doing missions I had no idea what was going on. They should tell you that you need to talk to someone specific in order to get to the location you need to go.