Lt. Commander
# 21
03-07-2013, 02:57 PM
At this point I'll take anything they want to put into the store.

I would prefer a Raptor or Klingon Science ship, but at this points its been a year since the KDF has had a C-store release. They could release just about anything to the store and I'd buy it.

Well.....not another Bortas, that thing just sucks. Its the only C-store ship I've played that I got so pissed off at I put it back in the shipyard and walked away.
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
03-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
I don't believe that the KDF needs a Kumari equivalent. I do believe they deserve something unique.
I concur! More diversity is needed, for more fun!
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Career Officer
# 23
03-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonhellsting View Post
If Klingons get a Kurmari equivalent then federation should get a battle cloak , enhanced cloak and frigate carrier pets. Just so it's all fair like.

it is a ship level change, not a faction level change that we are talking about here. If you get battlecloak without the console, then you must give up shields, hull, boff slot, weapon slot, etc... just like the bop did.

ship level stats additions = ship level stats subtractions. Again, we are not talking about faction level here.
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Commander
# 24
03-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfomega View Post
it is a ship level change, not a faction level change that we are talking about here. If you get battlecloak without the console, then you must give up shields, hull, boff slot, weapon slot, etc... just like the bop did.

ship level stats additions = ship level stats subtractions. Again, we are not talking about faction level here.
I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying , not the entire Federation line , just a few new ships that would have the bird of prey equivalent to battle cloak that's easily accessible to any player to get.
I gather you want balance for both sides but you fail to address the problem of battle cloak which combined with a Klingon Kumari equivalent would give the Klingons an unheard of advantage over the federation in pvp matches. Equality has to effect both sides for it to be equal not oh I see some new shinny thing I want it so give it to me. If you really want to bring balance to the game you have to actually balance both sides.

Though you'd be hard pressed to get any Klingon player to accept that for the very reason they like having that unfair advantage Battle cloak gives them and the Federation players are no different. Neither side wants to give up their advantages over the other but that's the only way I can see for things to be fair if Klingons insist on being provided with their own version of the Kumari.

Last edited by vonhellsting; 03-07-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 25
03-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Kumari is very laughable tbh and kind of smart on PWE's part to see how many people will throw that much money to something that is so fragile that it will blow up on contact of getting hit.

Reason we won't see something like this on the KDF is that most of the long term KDF players are the majority of the KDF faction and they are too smart to drop money into something as crappy as the kumari.
Career Officer
# 26
03-08-2013, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
I don't believe that the KDF needs a Kumari equivalent. I do believe they deserve something unique.
Unfortunately "deserve" and "economically feasable" are not necessarily the same .

What really stings is that even making a KDF copy paste of the Kumari would probably be too expensive considering the man hours the KDF costume would take to make. Unless they just re-texture the skin... hmm, maybe instead of blue make it green and change nothing else.... a bit of Photoshop texture editing before applying it on the same base that feds get... that might work!

Now of Cryptic would swallow its pride and decide to throw the KDF a bone.....
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
03-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Unfortunately "deserve" and "economically feasable" are not necessarily the same .

What really stings is that even making a KDF copy paste of the Kumari would probably be too expensive considering the man hours the KDF costume would take to make. Unless they just re-texture the skin... hmm, maybe instead of blue make it green and change nothing else.... a bit of Photoshop texture editing before applying it on the same base that feds get... that might work!

Now of Cryptic would swallow its pride and decide to throw the KDF a bone.....
No, no, no, no...and no. Just...no!

A KDF release of a Kumari with a re-textured skin? No...no. I'd rather have them don't do anything that such a crappy bone thrown at us.

What would come next, a KDF Galaxy class with brownish skin?
And of course that would mean white Fed. BoPs, with battlecloak and blue nacelles.

No, no, sorry but this is just a terrible idea.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Career Officer
# 28
03-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Sorry.. I do not want this crap bucket in my fleet yards lol
Captain
# 29
03-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Don't want no steenking Kumari. Give us an updated K'Tanco! No new art needed!
Career Officer
# 30
03-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
No, no, no, no...and no. Just...no!

A KDF release of a Kumari with a re-textured skin? No...no. I'd rather have them don't do anything that such a crappy bone thrown at us.

What would come next, a KDF Galaxy class with brownish skin?
And of course that would mean white Fed. BoPs, with battlecloak and blue nacelles.

No, no, sorry but this is just a terrible idea.
I realize its not ideal in any way, shape, or form, but with Cryptic's policy of "safe investing", (ie: only putting resources where they will make a guaranteed return) they can simply shrug and offer nothing really new to the KDF.

The upcoming ships? I would be very surprised if they were more than the pre-lvl 20 ships updated and spread out among the existing levels with maybe a handful getting fleet versions.