Career Officer
Aside from the network issues last night, the other problem I've been having is intermittent games crashes. Usually it's just gameclient.exe that crashes, but sometimes it completely blue screens Windows. There is no identifiable pattern - sometimes it happens in the middle of battle, other times just flying through Sector Space.

I've made no changes to my system, so I'm wondering if stability is an issue for anyone else since the last game patch.
Ensign
# 2
03-03-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm getting the same crashes too. It's the gameclient.exe crashes error. Is this from the recent patch?
Republic Veteran
# 3
03-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Best thing for a BSOD is to actually write down the error number the BSOD gives you. Once you do, go to the Microsoft website and input that error code. Over the last couple of years, MSoft has gotten really good at helping with BSOD. After you enter the code, it should bring up options for you and in most cases, it will tell you exactly what is causing the BSOD. In 3 years since I have had this machine, I have gotten a single BSOD and it was from an unstable video card driver (NVidia drivers can be a pain sometimes). You might find this to be the case as well. If so, the latest NVidia drivers are actually very stable.

If it turns out to be something else, MSoft will usually give you a walk through on how to fix it or they also have a new service called "Let Me Fix It." What that does is it downloads a small .MSI to your machine. Since it's from MSoft, it's safe to run. In most cases, it will make small changes to your machine and help with stabilization.

These are just a couple of suggestions. I hope they help.
# 4
03-07-2013, 01:45 AM
I'm on the latest Nvidia driver, but it only seemed to crop up after the patch one or two revisions ago.

Most of the time it doesn't cause a blue screen, usually it's just gameclient.exe that crashes. But I think I solved it - just ran a multi-hour session across 3 chars with no crash. (Not definitive, but we'll see.) For my case, I turned Shadow detail to Low (from High). In previous cases this has caused similar issues (not just for me, but for a lot of folks) and the fix is the same: set Shadows to Low.
Ensign
# 5
03-07-2013, 10:47 AM
im also getting the randowm craches normaly when im warping to a new system or beaming up or down from ship started about 2 patches ago.

core i7 950 xfx 5870 6gb ram SSD
Ensign
# 6 cryptic crash error
03-07-2013, 01:21 PM
my ticket number is :18903542.. i tried everithing, but nothing, again same error, it crashes when i press engage and on when cryptic loading logo ephares.. my os is win 7 sp1.. drivers are up to date... i'm not using teamviewer, launcher works fine, tried on compatibility mode on xp sp2 and xp sp3 but again saim crashes on loading screen.. allready used run as administrator, deleted antivirus, restarted computer, but the error comes allways at the same moment :S i don't know what to do, pelease help me someone i want to play this game redownloaded, reinstalled but error again on launching game :S cryptic crash error :S
Career Officer
# 7
03-07-2013, 03:39 PM
It's gotta be something unique to your system. There's plenty of people on Win7SP1, including myself, without that problem.

What video card are you running? I'd again look at your drivers - may need something like Driver Cleaner to start from scratch.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm now getting about 4 crashes a day now on average, I use to Never crash, but since these latest batch of patches its been getting worse. An there completely random.
Career Officer
# 9 hmmmm
03-08-2013, 12:52 AM
BSoD, normally meansa memory leak somewhere ( not always)

Now to the frist op, I dont know what oyur specs are so I cnat be much help there.

To the last OP, that gpu is a *bit* dated, but still useable.

Option 1, roll back your card driver.

Option 2, Will requre a bit more of a prgramers mind. It really sounds likea bad file, I had something similair happen a few eeks ago, where I had to manully dlete the file.

you are reading the error masage right? ;p

For raduim crashes, I say get the free vision of cc cleaner, that probably fix most of those crashes. And improve overall performance, if you havent got it.

In the meantime, the more specific you can get, the better the odds are of fixing the issues.
Career Officer
# 10
03-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brish01 View Post
Now to the frist op, I dont know what oyur specs are so I cnat be much help there.
No worries - two nights in a row no crashes, so I think I fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brish01 View Post
To the last OP...
Non-sequitur. There is and can be only one OP, the original poster. (Me, in this case.)