Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 1 Fix Tau Dewa Red Alert!
03-03-2013, 02:36 PM
OK I don't see any threads about this, but I hope Cryptic is aware of the Tau Dewa problem. The majority (90%+) of the Tau Dewa Red Alerts that pop in sector are bogus. I and others have joined countless times, jumping in the instant the Red Alert notice appears, and almost every time we are welcomed by Exit to Sector when there is no possible way anyone completed the mission. This happens time and again. It has become a running joke in the REDALERT channel.

I have managed to get into a legitimate mission only 2 or 3 times across 2 characters, out of dozens of attempts.
Captain
# 2
03-03-2013, 04:07 PM
I can't believe this has gone three months without a fix.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 3
03-03-2013, 07:20 PM
It's not just the Tholian red alerts, Happens all the time with the Borg too.
Career Officer
I implore you devs, please please please please fix the Tholian Red Alert.

What happens is, and I'm sure others can expound in more detail, when you enter one it's already finished, and it just warps you out. I've been trying to do one for ages, and have never actually gotten into one that works. I have tried changing instances, tried several different alerts at different times, instances, and so forth. Every time I go into one when the Red Alert pops up it's already finished, and warps you straight out.

Please, fix this
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Commander
# 5
03-03-2013, 11:53 PM
It's a feature
Community Moderator
# 6
03-04-2013, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskippa View Post
It's a "feature"
I fixed that for you.

But seriously, I've literally never got in on a working instance of this.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 7
03-04-2013, 01:52 AM
About 5 times since it was introduced and maybe 50 times just kicked out. To be honest I mostly don't bother now unless I'm bored.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
03-04-2013, 02:20 AM
i too would like this to fixed ASAP. but i think they are no capable of fixing this maybe some work around can be done to hold us over for a year or so when its fixed.

hell just make it an event and do anyway with the alert, at least that way people would be able to this DAILY
Career Officer
# 9
03-04-2013, 03:22 AM
Ha as luck would have it I just got in one, on my own! I managed to get the presa gran (or whatever it's called) down to 40% before my mouse batteries died! LOL you know sometimes things are just not meant to be.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
03-04-2013, 03:32 AM
Cryptic: *Jedi mind trick gesture.*
- "There is nothing wrong with the Tau Dewa Red Alerts, move along."

I thought that one patch note said it was known and fixed a months or so back?
But it's still very much there, I have atlest managed to get into a few of them now.

@Cryptic, please guys you need to have a meeting to adress your handling of communication to us, the players and perhaps be more open to transparency as to what is going on. Also I'd appreciate if someone over there could take 30 seconds to read the threads linked in my signature. Thanks.