Lt. Commander
# 11
01-13-2010, 12:21 PM
sweet

10char
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Known bug: They are attemping to fix it, but it seems they have made it worse, seems to happen far more frequently now.

Lackey: Listening Post Episode

Always beaming down as a ship, not just once or occasionally - happens 'all' the time for me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram_Starstrider
i had the same happen to me at spacedock and at the ss azura.
same thing happen to me. it was funny
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Same thing happened to me at the P'Jem system. I warped in just fine... Fought the BoPs just fine... Beamed down to the planet and I was still my ship. Sat there for a minute and when the first mission dialog box appeared I turned back into my ground avatar but with no Away team. Tried to beam out but ended up in sector space as my ground avatar then I got booted to the login screen. Logged back in and was my ship again(still in sector space) but when I tried to continue the mission I showed up on the planet with only one of my away team members and she wasn't in my group or under my control at all. Tried to beam out again and got booted to login screen.

Every time I entered the P'Jem system or the planet surface I got an error message about how the auto-group feature had failed. I have a feeling that the server load is somehow affecting the auto-grouping feature in a negative way and causing these weird bugs. Just a thought.

Bren
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-13-2010, 03:02 PM
bug is related to the current extreme lag. The more lag you have the longer it takes the client to receive the information from the server what "model" it has to display. Usually after a few seconds (or a few more ;-) it catches up
Lt. Commander
I've had this happen, both being a ship on ground and being a humanoid in space, but only on Vega Colony.

However, since this happened, my personal bar (quick bar/ability interface) has disappeared. I cannot get it to reappear no matter what I do (reset HUD, etc). So now I cannot change out new abilities, items, etc., I just have to play with what I had there before from memory.

Any suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-14-2010, 07:45 AM
This is definitely a lag issue and I've seen it happen once as well. It has nothing to do with a given system/mission other than that a mission or system with a lot of people in it can create additional lag that may make it happen more frequently. Basically, the server hasn't been able to tell your game yet that you should switch from person to ship or ship to person. Once the lag catches up, you'll be the right thing. You'll tend to notice at the same time that you either disconnect or can't move for a bit as well when this happens. And you may not be able to reconnect until lag issues decrease.

Lag will go down over time, but you are going to see the same spikes on release day as well.
Ensign
# 18 stuck with vega colony
07-26-2014, 03:54 PM
Everything went fine but cant open the 2nd gate. no way down to the Borg at the bottom of the mountain