Lt. Commander
# 21
01-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a beta that did not do this on launch day. How better to stress test? Better ask a game designer why this is used and ask yourself why an open beta means instant game play. There is no MMO that is near perfect at open beta let alone launch day. Ask the people that play/played age of conan.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirrtix View Post
actually star trek is older than Star wars by at least 10 to 15 years
Yeah, Star Trek TOS was released in 1966 while Star Wars IV was released in 1977, so Trek has got 11 years on Wars
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirrtix View Post
actually star trek is older than Star wars by at least 10 to 15 years
I was generalizing, thanks for the further proof though!
Lt. Commander
# 24 Could be worse....
01-12-2010, 02:39 PM
All the slowdowns and issues and hiccups or whatever you want to call them are good IMO. After all, haven't we all wanted to play and be part of a truly great Star Trek game? I take all of these bumps to say that the fans are finally on the way to getting that sort of game!!

Hang in there all, lets give them the support they need to give us the game we want!
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Let me put it all to you this way folks. If you haven't been booted out, or the servers haven't crashed, then they haven't done a good job of stress testting this sucker. That's the point. They don't want to just push it hard, they want to break. They want to know to what extend can they push these servers and networks before they fry (not literally, but you get the point). And if that's not enough, after they fix it... They are going to do it again, and again, and again, until launch. Stress testing a game is NOT game time, sure you might get to play for a bit, but if you think you're going to get some seriuos game time in and really grind out a toon, you're sourly mistaken. Just wait a week after launch than do that crap. For now, stay focused on the real problems making this server and network work hard for it's money.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Beta for a reason. They don't know what the problems are until they arise. Take it easy. It's called beta for a reason.