Rihannsu
# 1 Door PAthing issue
03-01-2013, 12:53 PM
This affects the Federation themed doors that open/close when you get near them.

Apparently Boffs don't path through the doors.... ever....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 2
03-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Do you have something that will block the door? Pathing seems to take into account things that are not visible yet, so if a door is to be locked they might be confused by that.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Rihannsu
# 3
03-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Nope. NOTHING. It's completely static. It seems to be that they always see the door as closed, even though it switches between the two.

This is something I used in "The Beta Rana Incident".
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 4
03-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Nope. NOTHING. It's completely static. It seems to be that they always see the door as closed, even though it switches between the two.

Mark:

Based on my experience with other missions, I believe the issue is actually the ramps. I've had a lot of difficulty getting boffs to voluntarily traverse ramps in multiple Foundry missions.
Career Officer
# 5
03-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:

What do you mean switches between the two?

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Rihannsu
# 6
03-01-2013, 08:16 PM
@ Zorbane: The prop I used is one of the doors that automatically opens and closes. The Boffs seemed to path as though it was closed.

@ Ashtaku: That's odd. I have another door that ISN'T on a ramp and my Boffs behave the same way. (Talk to the bartender(the guy using a holographic disguise to pretend he's Undine) then when you go up to the floor with Liojor, one of the grey doors will be replaced with a tan door that opens when you get near it. But.... in that case it could be that they're still pathing as though the grey door is there.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Rihannsu
# 7
03-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Hmmmm how bizarre. If that's the case, then I think you might be right with your hypothesis. Too bad there's no way for us to examine the actual pathing grid, much less manually tweak it

Quote:
@ Zorbane: The prop I used is one of the doors that automatically opens and closes. The Boffs seemed to path as though it was closed.

@ Ashtaku: That's odd. I have another door that ISN'T on a ramp and my Boffs behave the same way. (Talk to the bartender(the guy using a holographic disguise to pretend he's Undine) then when you go up to the floor with Liojor, one of the grey doors will be replaced with a tan door that opens when you get near it. But.... in that case it could be that they're still pathing as though the grey door is there.
Career Officer
# 8
03-03-2013, 07:31 AM
I had this issue as well and here is how I fixed my issue. I only had this issue if any of my doors were set to either start invisible or go invisible after a trigger. It seems if you hide the door, the pathing doesn't work. To get around that, I had to always have the doors be visible. I "hid" them behind closed doors if I needed to have the player hit some trigger before proceeding further. This allowed my BOffs to path correctly through the doors. Only downside is that you will notice the door "switch" more now and you will hear the swoosh sound when you near the closed door.
Rihannsu
# 9
03-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Interesting... but... 8 of the 9 doors ARE set to remain visible constantly. I'm not really sure what's wrong unfortuantely.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
03-04-2013, 03:21 PM
I know I've gotten boffs to move correctly through doors, so it makes me wonder what other environmental factors could be involved. How much of the lip is showing with the door? Can you give us an idea of what's going on around the door? A screenshot maybe? Which map are you using?

@greendragoon