Lt. Commander
# 31
01-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Well is designed to handle a high load. Digital downloads of games is there business. If they would take 30 hours, people would be upset, and that would cost them alot. Things like the torrents would be better if more people would upload, and fileplanet is only good if you pay (or are downloading a small file.)

Give them time. I have been in countless betas, and this is on par with the rest of them.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksith
It looks like STEAM may have been the only one that had their stuff on the ball.
Or it could be that most people don't like Steam and therefore the demand on their servers is lower

I prefer a physical copy to digital, but that's just personal preference. I also don't particularly care for Steam's client, so I don't use them.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMaster View Post
Or it could be that most people don't like Steam and therefore the demand on their servers is lower

I prefer a physical copy to digital, but that's just personal preference. I also don't particularly care for Steam's client, so I don't use them.
I think it's more the price on Steam. It's more expensive than other shops, but I like the convenience of Steam.

The download was pretty quick, I had it in a couple of hours, others I know have been downloading all day and still nowhere near done.

That's unusual for Steam, usually downloads slow to crawl for a big game release.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-12-2010, 03:17 PM
All the MMO had their problems and this one it is not the exception to the rule, so be patient and let the Cryptic guys work, you got ot be patient, and remember this is only a Open Beta = Problems of any kind.
Lt. Commander
# 35 Map Full
01-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Still trying to get in
Maps full so server is FULL

Any idea what / when/ how we will finally get in.

I do hope Cryptic are doing something now to alleviate this problem otherwise people will just not bother with game
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanese
Still trying to get in
Maps full so server is FULL

Any idea what / when/ how we will finally get in.

I do hope Cryptic are doing something now to alleviate this problem otherwise people will just not bother with game
No, I think everyone at cryptic is sitting with their feet up drinking some beers right now.

/sarcasm
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-12-2010, 03:20 PM
I just hate that it disconnects you entirely instead of dropping you back to the character screen or something.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
I hate that I cannot even download the game not one download site is responiding they say download starting and nothing ever happens. I finally went to a differant country website to download it and the wait is around four days. Guess I wont be checking this out for a while. The sad thing is I preordered it. Just Amazon does not have a specific server like some of the preorders. Bleh
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtauntaun View Post
You mean that they are letting me help them test their game for free? Yeah, bunch of jerks. And no, this is not 'paid' for yet as I can cancel my preorder at any time.
then do so ...so we dont have to listen to you cry ...have a nice day
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-12-2010, 03:31 PM
This will be the last time I pre-order digital. I'll simply order a hard copy, bide my time, sip scotch and let the rest bite their fingernails.