Lt. Commander
# 11
01-12-2010, 02:26 PM
ok, now it's starting to pick up speed.. am seeding at 1.4Mb/s.. I'll leave my PC on to seed for the rest of you since it doesnt affect my netspeed one bit..
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg0D
7 active now, it doesn't matter how many are downloading on a torrent that doesn't bog it down, you upload as well as download, you send out parts to people who needs that part. So cutting off upload speed does not increase your download speed, that's not how a torrent works!

NOW SEED PEOPLE!
Yes, scream and throw a tantrum. I'm half tempted to drop mine just because of that.

Blame the ISPs.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2010, 02:30 PM
I doubt people are being stingy on purpose. If they're showing as a seed in the tracker, it means they're doing everything that can to contirbute to the swarm. Unfortunately, you can't connect to every seed at once as there are connection limits on both seeder and leecher machines.

If every seeder connected to every leecher, that would be over 1000 connections to one machine. I know Windows starts denying connections around the 100th TCP connection. So, in reality, a pure seeder that's not doing anything else on their machine that's related to the internet will be able to feed about 100 leechers. That leaves the remaining ~16,900 leechers looking for a different seed to latch on to.

They're not stingy, just packed full. They're giving it all she's got, captain!

(Two Scotty lines in one day, woo!)
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintNicster View Post
Yes, scream and throw a tantrum. I'm half tempted to drop mine just because of that.

Blame the ISPs.
If you are seeding, I'm obviously not talking to you am I? Go ahead and be a jerk though, it's not like more than two thirds are already being that way.

Oh noes bad man said 3 words in caps, he must be throwing a fit!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoPhoenixTE View Post
I doubt people are being stingy on purpose. If they're showing as a seed in the tracker, it means they're doing everything that can to contirbute to the swarm. Unfortunately, you can't connect to every seed at once as there are connection limits on both seeder and leecher machines.

If every seeder connected to every leecher, that would be over 1000 connections to one machine. I know Windows starts denying connections around the 100th TCP connection. So, in reality, a pure seeder that's not doing anything else on their machine that's related to the internet will be able to feed about 100 leechers. That leaves the remaining ~16,900 leechers looking for a different seed to latch on to.

They're not stingy, just packed full. They're giving it all she's got, captain!

(Two Scotty lines in one day, woo!)

Kind of sad then, out of the 933 that is reported on mine, I can only find 3 now to latch onto... Finished posting though, if you're not seeding, you know who you are, get with it!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Can any of you clue me in on how to download the torrent version? When I click the link, it takes me to a page full of garbage and doesn't start my BitTorrent. When I try to copy and paste the URL into BitTorrent, it receives multiple errors and ends the download.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by graael View Post
Can any of you clue me in on how to download the torrent version? When I click the link, it takes me to a page full of garbage and doesn't start my BitTorrent. When I try to copy and paste the URL into BitTorrent, it receives multiple errors and ends the download.
Can't ***** about no one helping then not help myself.

Right click, "save target as" with IE to your desktop and Firefox "save link as" to desktop, open that way.

Really, last post.
Lt. Commander
# 18
Try 'save link as' and save the file to your HD. Then drag that file to the torrent app and see if it starts.
Lt. Commander
# 19
i don't know what you found... but torrent says 0 seeds of 126 here

i'm using the torrent link from the download page.
Average is 84kps on a 20meg bandwidth.

Any suggestions?
Dx
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by graael View Post
You need to right click the torrent file on the site and save it to your desktopStart your bittorrent client and click add torrent. Then point the add torrent window to the torrent on your desktop. should work fine that way, I had to do it that way on my laptop, but not my desktop...weird!!!

And yes people seed plz. I'm at unlimited on my up and dl speeds and am still running at approx 200kb/s .