Lieutenant
# 1 What to do with Prisoners
03-04-2013, 07:39 AM
My brig is getting kind of full and I'd like to do something useful with all the prisoners I have.

Any Dominion prisoners get sent off on the Dom exchange and I get back a nice blue DOFF in return. However I have all these Klingons, Orions, Nausicans and a few Gorn that I can't do much with. The prisoner exchange missions have a decent cooldown on them and they aren't a guarantee, since with the exception of the Klingons they all have 1 or more failure/disaster traits. Am I missing any missions here b/c I'd rather not drop them off with the security kitty since the rewards are pretty awful.
Captain
# 2
03-04-2013, 08:23 AM
You could cryo-store them in the mail system until you need them
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Captain
# 3
03-04-2013, 12:56 PM
You can turn them into security contacts for small amount of diplo CXP.

Also some SB/Embassy projects accept them.

Or you can dismiss them for tiny amount of recruitment CXP.
STO's F2P is basically an inferior experience for the masses at no cost being subsidized by a handful of whales seeking whatever it is that motivates them to spend hundreds if not thousands on a game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2013, 01:05 PM
there is a list of a few missions you can do here: http://www.stowiki.org/Prisoner
Lieutenant
# 5
03-04-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm on the fed side FWIW. Is there is lengthy cooldown on Negotiate Prisoner exchange?

What I'd really want is to be able to use my prisoners in the Holographic reenactment of Hamlet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertjets View Post
I'm on the fed side FWIW. Is there is lengthy cooldown on Negotiate Prisoner exchange?

What I'd really want is to be able to use my prisoners in the Holographic reenactment of Hamlet.
LOL. The mission I think it is "once a day" (I have a couple and able to off load them once a day)

You could always "sell" them on the exchange
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Captain
# 7
03-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Could always march them to the airlock, or toss them into the starbase grinder, they do count as civilians for the projects that take civilian doffs.
Rihannsu
# 8
03-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Feds have almost no use for prisoners aside for SB contribution. Prisoner exchanges never give anything better than a blue, iirc, and quickly become obsolete once you've got good purples.
Rihannsu
# 9
03-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Negotiate Prisoner Exchange is the only worthwhile Fed assignment that uses them. Even that's not exactly great. It usually just gives a green doff.

My advice: don't stock up white prisoners. You can get them by accident from Strike Against Fugitive Support Network, and you might as well use them when you do, but you shouldn't be intentionally trying to get any. They're just not worth it as things are now.

Feds really need some decent rewards for prisoners. Ironic, isn't it, that Starfleet is supposed to be the peaceful, "set phasers on stun" -faction, but it's the Klingons who encourage taking and turning in prisoners.
Career Officer
# 10
03-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Prisoners count as civilians so you can dump them on the Paradans, Cardassians, etc. in the DOFF missions that eat five civvie doffs and spit out some dil, a respectable amount of Recruitment CXP, and the normal amount of experience. Of course you have to complete at least one of the Consular/Embassy DOFF chains in Cardassian Space before those missions start appearing (and they only appear in Cardie space).