Lt. Commander
# 1 It all comes back
03-03-2013, 06:53 PM
So I returned to see this Romulan thing play out in May. I was enjoying myself moving some things around. Life was great until I needed two new weapons for my Klingon, for a set up I found, that I really enjoyed. Problem is to craft the things I needed 26k dilithium, or also known as fu. Sense we can only refine 8k a day, leaves me pretty well screwed.

The game offers allot of good things but this dilithium continues to be the killer. The prices are in no way reasonable. Yes people can tell me all the tricks in the world to get dilithium, but whats the point. You can still only refine 8k a day. You know whats really sad, I went looking on the exchange for weapons. Out of 400 all of them, they were mark 1s and 2s. Congrats you have killed crafting.

I may quit I don't know, but one things for sure, this has to change. I would gladly pay a 15 buck sub a month, if it meant I no longer had to deal with dilithium. One thing developers really love talking about how they can get new players to the game. Despite all the good this game has, I would never recommend it to another player, as long as dilithium continues to ruin the game.
Captain
# 2
03-03-2013, 06:59 PM
You might be able to pay $15 a month, but I can't. I do agree with you about Dilithium being massive pain in the buttocks. I just spent about 68,000 in Dil on gear today. I really do feel your pain there.

I wish there was a "Dil Day" that happened randomly thoughout the week, where you could refine more than 8k. But eh. Maybe someday.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 3
03-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Ummm...

26k... is only about three and a half days of refinement.

You can't set a goal that far ahead?

Am I missing something here?

Is the game suddenly going to go away in four days??

Isn't it time to get beyond the 'Instant Gratification' of console games???
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 03-03-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
03-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Obtaining dilithium isn't difficult. It's just incredibly time consuming and boring as hell, AND lots of things cost dilithium. A buttload of it. For ONE. MEASLY. ITEM. And spending dilithium for Mk XII items is a sorry joke when the small stat increase from Mk XI doesn't justify its absurd costs.

Thankfully I'm at a point in the game now where I don't need dilithium other than for exchanging for ZEN or for putting into the Fleet Starbase.

EDIT: The absurd costs being for SPACE items. Ground items are surprisingly generous and cheap.
@HyperLimited

Last edited by hypl; 03-03-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Captain
# 5
03-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Isn't it time to get beyond the 'Instant Gratification' of console games???
Sadly, it seems no. Though, I can kind of see where he's coming from which is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Obtaining dilithium isn't difficult. It's just incredibly time consuming and boring as hell, AND lots of things cost dilithium. A buttload of it. For ONE. MEASLY. ITEM. And spending dilithium for Mk XII items is a sorry joke when the small stat increase from Mk XI doesn't justify its absurd costs.
Eyup. Obtaining the space OMEGA sets are a royal pain in the patookus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Thankfully I'm at a point in the game now where I don't need dilithium other than for exchanging for ZEN or for putting into the Fleet Starbase.
I'm getting there. Slowly, but surely. And with patience you can too.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 6
03-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
The game offers allot of good things but this dilithium continues to be the killer. The prices are in no way reasonable. Yes people can tell me all the tricks in the world to get dilithium, but whats the point. You can still only refine 8k a day. You know whats really sad, I went looking on the exchange for weapons. Out of 400 all of them, they were mark 1s and 2s. Congrats you have killed crafting.
A couple of points here - first, as has been pointed out, Dilithium is easy to get and the refining cap means that you can have your gear in about three and a half days. In MMO grind terms, especially for high-end gear, that's an extremely generous and short timeframe.

In regard to the Exchange, it sounds like you need to refine your search procedure a bit more. The Exchange search function has been notoriously finnicky since release. Instead of searching for, say, "Plasma Dual Heavy Cannons" under "All", you're better off searching for "Plasma Dual Heavy Cannons Mk xii", set the rarity to "Very Rare", and select the Starship Equipment - Starship Weapons search categories. Your results will be much shorter, and much more likely to show you what you actually want to see. In general, the more specific you can be with your searches on the Exchange, the better the results you'll get back.
Career Officer
# 7
03-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Agree with the above post. Default search is crap.

Even refine the search for Mk XII will net you better results.

It will only display the first 400 so if you fill your search with fluff that's the first 400 you will see, out of thousands of possible matches.

Join AIE Today! http://forum.myextralife.com/forum/6...r-trek-online/
Career Officer
# 8
03-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Sadly, it seems no. Though, I can kind of see where he's coming from which is....

Eyup. Obtaining the space OMEGA sets are a royal pain in the patookus.

I'm getting there. Slowly, but surely. And with patience you can too.
Are the Space OMEGA sets that much better than the BORG Sets?

Is it really worth the bother to get them?
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
# 9
03-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Are the Space OMEGA sets that much better than the BORG Sets?

Is it really worth the bother to get them?
In a handful of cases? Yes.

In all others? No.

Lt. Commander
# 10
03-03-2013, 08:35 PM
I always felt 'crafting' in this game was sort of tongue-in-cheek. It seems to be kind of just 'there' because they figured the game just needed to have a crafting system of some kind but it's in no way good or unique. You can max out your 'crafting power' in a matter of hours and then its just dependent upon how much refined DIL you have, or how much you want to buy with cash. Can't even craft any good Mk XII gear either.....the only things really worth making is the Aegis set and maybe the turrets.
____

The o3 - Killed you good