Lt. Commander
this message I get when I want to join the game. Please advance the server or whatever that everyone who has got a beta key can get in!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 01:47 PM
I am getting the same as this, stuck on retrieving characters for ages and then eventually it shows my characters but then I get the map is full and not accepting logins.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Me too ...
Lt. Commander
# 4 Give it some....
01-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Give it some time, they will get it all worked out in due time. (I get the same thing as well). Not the end of the world as it is just the beta. Beta = broken`ness here and there. Anyone have any issues on sign up or posting to the forums with Internet Explorer or was that just me? I had to install Firefox to click the agree to terms button and to post this msg to this forum.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 01:59 PM
same here and on a side note good to see cryptics doing away with worthless ie support or so it seems
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dali619 View Post
Give it some time, they will get it all worked out in due time. (I get the same thing as well). Not the end of the world as it is just the beta. Beta = broken`ness here and there. Anyone have any issues on sign up or posting to the forums with Internet Explorer or was that just me? I had to install Firefox to click the agree to terms button and to post this msg to this forum.
It is open beta. Should be a lot different than Closed Beta. Open beta should be a dress rehearsal for launch, and advertisement. I'd say failure on both accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2010, 02:03 PM
WRONG google open beta and what it really is if i dont post a quote from it first

and i quote: 1. Open Beta
The last stage of game development where the game is open to every player for a final test to the game and to resolve any issues that people may find.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2010, 02:06 PM
You apparently don't understand what beta is then, its not a dress rehearsal its the final phase of testing and stress testing in preparation for going gold. If you were expecting a perfect play experience on the first day of open you are either new to betas or delusional.

They will get the server login going and it will still be laggy and buggy most likely but thats the whole purpose of releasing it early like this, so enjoy what works, report what doesnt and make the actual release a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Bear in mind the servers are being hammered to death right now. I have all the same problems listed above, just keep trying every few minutes, relax, and you'll get in. You may get disco'd again a bit later, but you'll get back in again soon enough.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Some info that might help solve this issue.
I was leaving the P'Jem system after completing the diplomacy mission. The instance list came up for Sirius sector as expected. On the list there were 134 instance, the 134th showed 0 players, several showed 42-45 players and most showed 54 players. I selected the instance with 0 players and got the message that the map was full and dumped back to the login screen. I logged back in and found myself back in the P'Jem system so i tried again. Again the list looked as it had before. several instances of 42-45 players, most with 54 players and again a 134th instance with 0 players. This time I selected one of the instances with 42-45 figuring maybe the 134th instance wasn't actually available and those instances being less than 54 (which seemed to be the player limit in sector space). However, this too gave the map full message and another dump to login.

This indicates, to me at least, that the max number of instances is 133 and there's a max players per map setting that's preventing the last few instances from filling up. Whether this is a software or hardware limit I couldn't determine from my end.

Suggestions:
When players encounter the map full, please don't jump us to the login screen.
1) Instead keep us in our current location and bring the instance list back up. Then we can at least see if an opening becomes available and/or try to enter one of the less populated instances.
or
2) Put us into a queue to get in as soon as a spot opens up.