Captain
# 21
03-04-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm very much looking forward to May. Devs, don't let me down!
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Commander
# 22
03-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
I know how to work my broswer, and Yes, I temporarily allow other domains as problems crop up (as well as turning of AdBlock). It does not show up on FireFox 19.0.
I thought I was in for a similar problem when I first launched the page with the vid. All I saw was a big blank, black space... However, I clicked on the Big, Blank, Black space and the vid appeared!

I'm running Firefox too and what I said above worked for me. Try it and see how ya get on.
Career Officer
# 23
03-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish1701 View Post
Excellent interview. Gave more away than I was expecting.

I also really like the idea of steadily and safely building up the team in a financially responsible way. Just confirms that the game is here to stay. Makes me very happy.
Agreed. Debt is a killer.

I also want to applaud Dan for giving a concrete reason why he can't divulge details. PWE said he can't. Ok, cool. I have a similar agreement with my employer. Just nice to have a definitive reason instead of something more nebulous.

Porthos is not amused.
Commander
# 24
03-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Okay so... This was a really interesting interview!

1. I really love the fact that the team work within a budget where they won't ever be in debt and can continue to develop the game with what funds they have! This is extremely comforting to me because I've been a little concerned about the games longevity. A lot of the comments made by Mr. Stahl have given me a lot of assurances on that matter.

2. Iconians! I'm more on edge of my seat now about the May update now considering the hint that "May" will set the stage for the future of the Iconian story arc that has been on most of our minds for so long! Answers and some awesome gameplay elements are on there way!

This was by far the simplest and most basic interview to date, but in my opinion, It has been the Most Informative!

Thank You!

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 03-04-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-04-2013, 02:28 PM
That is a very good interview, very simple and to the point which was far more informative than most of the interviews of the past.

It is good to see they are not going into debt in order to expand the game, they are paying as they go while growing. That is smart, iam glad to see that as they are in this for the long haul!

It is also awesome to hear that the Iconians are going to be the focus of the storyline, iam glad to see that and moving away from the Borg.

Last edited by typhoncal; 03-04-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Career Officer
# 26
03-04-2013, 02:50 PM
if i could have a Voice Over in the game for every audio interview i heard with dStahl in the past 3 years the game would be fully voiced by now
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
03-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Less talk more action.....

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Empire Veteran
# 28
03-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Would be interesting to see how or why such said race like iconians that were around along time and have now just resurfaced within the last centure in the franchise and in the game why they couldn't just use their high level of technology which is way ahead of what the races of the alpha quadrant have now and why they can't just use brute force.

Another thing on the factions is I'm wondering if the people at Cryptic including Mr. Stahl feel they are doing the relation between the Federation and KDF like a TOS game where as if they ended the war it would give a more DS9 feel to the game. Both factions are icons of the Star Trek franchise but the TOS episodes and movies always brough content of being enemies but as time went by certain races explained how at one point they will have to become allies to survive but this is like a TOS game between the factions not actually progressing. On the other hand like the speech Daniels gave archer about all these alpha quadrant factions fighting sphere builders in the future it would feel more canon if this game kind of bridged the beginings of that even though we aren't going to have the Enterprise-J ingame. Another thing is getting more involved in a Federation/Klingon Alliance again with the Romulans going into it 100% with New Romulus would more so add to the flavor of the game.
Captain
# 29
03-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Any chance of a transcript? Or at least some bullet points.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 30
03-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Can I get a link to the video that is not hosted on this site? I think my ad blocking app stops most of the stuff on the STO website
Head of PR - Ausmonauts