Career Officer
# 1 Ferengi space set question
09-15-2013, 12:00 AM
So I took advantage of the recent sale to grab me the ferengi space set for my D'Kora.

One of the effects is a nice, handy 10% bonus to CXP.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere though that the bonus only applies if you claim your doff missions whilst you're actually in the D'kora.

Can anyone confirm this? And further, is just being in space good enough or must you be on the bridge?
Commander
# 2
09-15-2013, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
So I took advantage of the recent sale to grab me the ferengi space set for my D'Kora.

One of the effects is a nice, handy 10% bonus to CXP.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere though that the bonus only applies if you claim your doff missions whilst you're actually in the D'kora.

Can anyone confirm this? And further, is just being in space good enough or must you be on the bridge?
Basicly you have to be in sector space or in orbit (of DS9, ESD etc) to get the bonus +10% CXP. You have to see it on your screen as a buff icon, so those are the only 2 ways. So in fact it will not work if you are in the D'kora's bridge. And its easy to check, look at how much CXP a doff mission sais it gives you when is complete, then claim it, and look again how much it gave. The diference is the 10% bonus.

Same for the 3 pc activable skill, on its description it says you have to be in the D'kora, but its a bit missleading, since you can only activate the skill while in sector space. IMO shouldve said can only be used WITH the D'kora.
Rihannsu
# 3
09-15-2013, 02:42 AM
If you have a CXP boost from consultant Doffs, or a consumable. The behavior is as follows.

In the Doff UI, under Completed Assignements, you ll see your expected rewards eg. 100 military cxp.

you turn the assignment in (double-click) and you will see that you received the 100 cxp + the boost percentage. So you chat rewards window will read: Received: 110 military cxp.

The 3pc set bonus on the ferengi set does not do this. I have the buff icon, and can turn missions in sector space of on a space map in. In both cases the rewards between the Doff UI and the actual rewards received stay the same.

I m pretty sure it doesn't work.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 4
09-15-2013, 09:20 AM
ahh,of course, i should have looked for the icon.

Thanks folks for the prompt answers. Much appreciated.