Lt. Commander
As the title suggests im using a radeon 9200 and it keeps crashing when I attempt to boot the game. I had older drivers previously and when it failed to boot with them I updated the drivers to the latest and still no success.

I am really eager to play so any help getting this working would be really appreciated.

OS Windows XP
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 12:46 PM
I know this is an old card but I was hoping it could run it. Or that there would be a work around.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 12:51 PM
I really don't think that a Radeon 9200 will run this game. In fact, I can guarantee that it won't. The raw performance isn't there, and even if it was, the card only supports Shader Model 1.4, whereas the game almost certainly requires a card that supports Shader Model 3.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Sorry mate, but there is zero chance it will work. I used to have a Radeon 9200 and it's effectively phased out of all usefulness these days. I know it's a real bummer being told it, but it's the truth. Save up for a new card or PC, STO will be here when the time comes. And until that time, live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 01:53 PM
That is very, very disappointing news. Luckily I was posting this for my friend, so I've been flying about in game with my awesome pc no problem lol. He's going to get a new Gfx card tomorrow .

Thanks for the replies, bad news but always better to know what the problem is .