Career Officer
# 1 No Rocket Boots???
06-28-2013, 01:05 AM
This has been one of the most asked for items. Now there is zone you can fly in there is no rocket boots? The zone looks great but no rocket boots? Maybe next year. Do not take this wrong but no rocket boots? Other then that one thing I give the event thumb up.
"Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny
Career Officer
# 2
06-28-2013, 02:05 AM
Because rocket boots are hard to control.

Floaters are canon, and referred to as being available on Risa, so it makes sense to use them instead of rocket boots. Here is a Memory Alpha link, as minimal as that info is.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.

Last edited by jbmaverick; 06-28-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Commander
# 3
06-28-2013, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmaverick View Post
Because rocket boots are hard to control.

Floaters are canon, and referred to as being available on Risa, so it makes sense to use them instead of rocket boots. Here is a Memory Alpha link, as minimal as that info is.
+1 for the vid

as much as i'd love me some rocket boots (did get them in city of heroes) the jetpack is already a proven piece of technology that is easy to control.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
06-28-2013, 07:10 AM
you guys did watch the start of ST5 Right?..... spock showed that rocket boots are canon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL1WqN1XKK0

he seemed quiet in control of them the whole time.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.

Last edited by tenkari; 06-28-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
06-28-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
you guys did watch the start of ST5 Right?..... spock showed that rocket boots are canon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL1WqN1XKK0

he seemed quiet in control of them the whole time.
Those are not rocket boots, those are magic boots.
Otherwise they' would have killed both Kirk and Spock when Spock goes into the horizontal.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Those are not rocket boots, those are magic boots.
Otherwise they' would have killed both Kirk and Spock when Spock goes into the horizontal.
Those are major boots cause "technically" they would just drill into the ground.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Captain
# 7
06-28-2013, 02:30 PM
There are no rockets in Trek altogether lol. Spocks boots are the equivelant to them.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
06-28-2013, 03:05 PM
There are rocket boots in game! I thought this was common knowledge. They're sold by the famous Cardassian war-hero-turned-trader Gul Libbel outside Starfleet Academy...
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.
Rihannsu
# 9
06-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
There are no rockets in Trek altogether lol. Spocks boots are the equivelant to them.
Actually Impulse Drives and Reaction Control Thrusters (actually just about anything in Trek called a "Thruster") are forms of rockets.

Impulse Drives a rockets that use fusion to produce plasma that is ejected though a thrust nozzle for propulsion.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Career Officer
# 10
06-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
There are rocket boots in game! I thought this was common knowledge. They're sold by the famous Cardassian war-hero-turned-trader Gul Libbel outside Starfleet Academy...
Oh, yeah, he's just outside the Kau Level, right?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.