Captain
# 21
03-05-2013, 08:17 AM
As was pointed out above, there's other ways then the Elite STF's to earn marks. So making all Elite STF's wont stop people from earning marks, just would make it take longer.

If you don't have at least a basic idea of what needs to be done in an Elite STF you shouldn't be playing in them. This isn't an elitist statement, because there's the normals which have the exact same content, so no one is missing out on something.

All Elite STF's should have a fail condition of some sort in them.
Commander
# 22
03-05-2013, 08:30 AM
I like the OPs idea for fail condition, so tired of ISE being a welfare state.
Career Officer
# 23
03-05-2013, 08:36 AM
My solution for leaver penalty... alts.
Yesterday I joined a fresh ISE. Some noob blows a generator quickly, someone else gets ganked by the swarm that comes so I tell them "gj" and leave.

I have 4 other alts that could use marks, I pick one and go ISE again. This time I have a wonderful PUG, all 4 generators pop almost simultaneously w/o anyone having to say anything! It was a beautiful thing. THAT ISE probably finished before the one I left did!
Career Officer
# 24
03-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s1701 View Post
HOWEVER when people fail the optional its exactly that OPTIONAL
This is acceptable anywhere other than ISE. The optional failure condition ISE is directly related to an increase in difficulty and annoyance, and it's trivial to attain.

Anyone who fails ISE's optional can just be ignorant of the scenario, or ignorant of how to build a ship, which is acceptable so long as they're not arrogantly ignorant and refuse to learn. Someone who repeatedly fails while insisting they're doing it correctly makes me think they're failures in life as well.

Even five cruisers that only deal 2k DPS can get the optional (if they do it correctly) - all you need to do is blow the generators simultaneously and then focus fire on the transformer. They should still be able to nuke the transformer before the nanites arrive.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Commander
# 25
03-05-2013, 08:57 AM
+1 for the idea
-1 for the "noob fed ships".. i mean, what does it matter if those were feds or not? i am fed too and 95% of all klingons i encounter (if not more) gets destroyed.

its not like there wouldnt be noob klingons.
What ? Calaway.
Career Officer
# 26
03-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
This is acceptable anywhere other than ISE. The optional failure condition ISE is directly related to an increase in difficulty and annoyance, and it's trivial to attain.

Anyone who fails ISE's optional can just be ignorant of the scenario, or ignorant of how to build a ship, which is acceptable so long as they're not arrogantly ignorant and refuse to learn. Someone who repeatedly fails while insisting they're doing it correctly makes me think they're failures in life as well.

Even five cruisers that only deal 2k DPS can get the optional (if they do it correctly) - all you need to do is blow the generators simultaneously and then focus fire on the transformer. They should still be able to nuke the transformer before the nanites arrive.
I want to agree with this since the optional is pretty easy however...

The bigger issue is noobs in underpowered ships/lacking any awareness of tactics needed -> blowing a generator and allowing nanites to top up the transformer -> not being able to kill nanites and blow transformer before more arrive -> repeat.

If all 5 of you have even half a brain cell and a bit of experience each, you can still have someone kill a generator a little early, wipe out the nanites who have topped up the transformer before the transformer itself and then sail the rest of the elite.
Is it ideal? No. Possible? Yes...

The real problem is people who can't even achieve this.

Proud member of the STO Academy Fleets
Check out the Public Service Channel for in-game services
Member of the The Data Network
Lieutenant
# 27
03-05-2013, 09:11 AM
I think this is a great idea. If the fail condition were set on the nanite heals and the optional was to do it in 15 minutes, this would ensure that ise wouldn't take longer than 20 minutes max. Otherwise they can turn into 45(or more) minutes of futile rage.
Captain
# 28
03-05-2013, 10:08 AM
This is actually a great idea!

I'd recommend changing the title of the thread because it reads like a rage post. Let's face it: forum posting is a matter of judging a thread by the title.

I'd also recommend throwing this idea in the Game-play Feedback forum AND making a ticket.

Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
03-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
I'd recommend changing the title of the thread because it reads like a rage post. Let's face it: forum posting is a matter of judging a thread by the title.

I'd also recommend throwing this idea in the Game-play Feedback forum AND making a ticket.

+1 to that. The title doesn't make it come across as the viable option it is!
Captain
# 30
03-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Any time a captain is pulled in to an STF and the optional is already blown they should not be held to the leaver penalty.

I don't agree with failing the mission for everyone just because a generator gets blown early and the nanites heal the transformer. The optional can still be done at that point. Once the optional is blown, however, anyone should be ALLOWED to leave without penalty.
Just say no to ARC