Captain
Hey everybody,

I know that gear has changed a bit, but i wanted to make sure i understand how it works now. Before it used to be that you would get 10 of an item or 2 of an item, i think they were called 'rare borg salvage'. You turned those in to get requisition X or XI marks to buy Borg weapons, torpedoes etc. You could also get prototype shield, deflector and engine modules and you turned those in for a requisition so you could get MACO or KHG stuff.

But that is all completely gone now right? it looks like gear is now gated behind rep. To gain rep i go U > reputation and go hit 'Contribute'. I see three rows with two columns..since i am just starting i am on TF omega and i started 1 project 'report on status of Borg threat' and i have filled all the requirements for marks, expertise, shield gen and energy cells. It looks like this task will now take 20 hours to complete and i get 2000rep and some dil. I was able to select the column next to it and it let me select another project 'report on status of Borg' but it wont let me fill the requirements...i guess i have to wait 20h til the first project is complete? I did another project for the second row 'research materials to omega' and i filled those requirements as well and also 20h till completion with 800 rep and dil as a reward. In the third row it says upgrades available and it looks like a turn in with a 15 second CD 50 marks for 5 rep (seems like a crappy return even if it is a short CD).

So is that it pretty much? i see under 'Status' what each rep tier unlocks and the required amount of rep to get to that tier. I'm also assuming that there are different types of projects in each tier with different requirements but the total rep gained will always be the same? like tomorrow will the project tell me to gather 50 space goats and 25 entertainment provisions but the reward will still be 2000rep and some dil? or does the project type and rep reward also change?
Career Officer
# 2
03-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Yep, that's pretty much how it is now. The type of materials, amount, and overall cost to do projects will change as you progress through the tiers, but the reputation gained will remain the same. The projects where you turn in marks only isn't for rep, but for dilithium when you don't have any other use for marks.

It also used to be 40 hours for those projects, roughly two days of time to wait for projects to complete. That was cut in half in an update. With diligence and the resources, it should only take month to reach tier 5.

I kinda wished they kept both systems. If you hated playing games of chance, there's always the reputation system to get what you want to get on your own terms. Or if you played different STF's you'd have a shot at getting the equipment at the end of the mission.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - FIX THE UI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Captain
# 3
03-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
With diligence and the resources, it should only take month to reach tier 5.
This is what i was afraid of...

Although i can see their reason for doing things this way. A while back i dinged 50 on 2-3 of my toons and within 2 days of doing STFs one of my toons had full Borg XI weapons and XI KHG. Another toon was the same way but took about 4-5 days i think. I had no interest in doing elite STFs just normal, and once i had full XI/KHG i was like 'well that was fast'.
Rihannsu
# 4
03-05-2013, 10:38 AM
On the upside you can get MK12 now.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 5
03-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewbie View Post
This is what i was afraid of...

Although i can see their reason for doing things this way. A while back i dinged 50 on 2-3 of my toons and within 2 days of doing STFs one of my toons had full Borg XI weapons and XI KHG. Another toon was the same way but took about 4-5 days i think. I had no interest in doing elite STFs just normal, and once i had full XI/KHG i was like 'well that was fast'.
This is pretty much the reason why, especially when you consider that people were doing Elite STFs for a prototype salvage drop for upwards of 6 months without getting one.
Captain
# 6
03-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
On the upside you can get MK12 now.
I got 1 mk XII torp in 500 stfs runs since s7 release.
Career Officer
# 7
03-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
I got 1 mk XII torp in 500 stfs runs since s7 release.
And also mkXII borg def/sh/eng
Career Officer
# 8
03-05-2013, 01:36 PM
On a related note, is it better to skip the mk x and xi rep sets and save on dilitium and marks? At lest for Romulan rep since mk xii Omega requires neural processors.
Rihannsu
# 9
03-05-2013, 01:50 PM
If you had any salvage left over in your bank they were converted to their equivalent value in the new marks, they're going to be in a special Omega Conversion crate in your inventory. That will give you a bit of a boost, so it's not completely unfair for people who ground stfs a lot before the change.
Captain
# 10
03-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veldrane2k View Post
On a related note, is it better to skip the mk x and xi rep sets and save on dilitium and marks? At lest for Romulan rep since mk xii Omega requires neural processors.
Yes. Many of us bought the X and XI versions, only to purchase them again for XII. Not worth the dilithium for the X and XI.

The amount of neural processors needed is relatively small (15 if memory serves) and that can be achieved in as few as 3 stf's as reward drops range from 1 to 11.