Career Officer
# 1 We need more mirror event
09-19-2013, 09:20 PM
This is the only realistic access to mass quantity expertise to fuel rep system projects (1.5 million total for 3 rep systems), buying rep gear (64k per MK XII piece), training BOFFs.

So if there is never going to be other sources of high expertise payout, this really needs to be more frequently available on the calender.

A merry-go-round system that has it appear at different times each day for only 1 hour of out of 24 must be pure schadenfreude-laden comedy gold - just not for the players of the game.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 09-19-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Captain
# 2
09-20-2013, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
This is the only realistic access to mass quantity expertise to fuel rep system projects (1.5 million total for 3 rep systems), buying rep gear (64k per MK XII piece), training BOFFs.

So if there is never going to be other sources of high expertise payout, this really needs to be more frequently available on the calender.

A merry-go-round system that has it appear at different times each day for only 1 hour of out of 24 must be pure schadenfreude-laden comedy gold - just not for the players of the game.
I totally agree. I always require more Expertise and you just don't get it as quickly as i need it. Especailly not with the Three rep systems, and then on top of that helping with Fleet projects
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-20-2013, 02:57 AM
Absolutely agree with this, haven't managed to do mirror event in months. Either add more events to the calendar or randomize the times a little more, seems like it's never on during the evenings (UTC+1).

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Traits aren't really power creep - they're lateral power movement
Captain
# 4
09-20-2013, 06:15 AM
I vote we get rid of the now-defunct "Vault Shuttle Event". It serves no real purpose now that the entire thing was rolled into Rep anyway, and that event is long past its prime. Vault Shuttle is no longer new. Showcase something different, or just drop it so that other more useful events have more chance to rotate in.
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-20-2013, 06:25 AM
Quote:

I totally agree with the mirror event. I follow that in about 2 month and his hour are between 11 to 16 hours We need more regularity this event

Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
I vote we get rid of the now-defunct "Vault Shuttle Event". It serves no real purpose now that the entire thing was rolled into Rep anyway, and that event is long past its prime. Vault Shuttle is no longer new. Showcase something different, or just drop it so that other more useful events have more chance to rotate in.
Sorry, but i believe is more fun and strategie the mirror event
Career Officer
# 6
09-20-2013, 06:52 AM
I'm glad to see others have had the same, poor, experience with this. Well not glad, but misery loves company.

We can only hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Career Officer
# 7
09-20-2013, 07:09 AM
+1 I'll add my voice to this too. As already stated, if the Vault mission is no longer credible then drop it and slot the Mirror event more evenly between timezones.

Or give us another way to hoard XP short of re-running episodes, which gets old very quickly lol
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster attitude upgrade - Installed *
Commander
# 8
09-20-2013, 07:15 AM
It seems to be timed to accommodate worldwide. If I catch one, I won't be online to catch the next.

I think the real issue isn't with Mirror event, but with a general dirth of XP to begin with after the storyline.

Really, with mission rewards being mostly garbage anyway, I suggest the removal of the diminished 'replay'. Then flip the payouts so that the higher level missions actually payout better than lower level content (Xp returns peak at Romulan Mystery).

I'm in no hurry to replay derivative mission content, but at least it would be worth while access to XP, when I need it, as opposed to ignoring it after the first play entirely.
Captain
# 9
09-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Quote:
I'm glad to see others have had the same, poor, experience with this. Well not glad, but misery loves company.

We can only hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears.
You'd think they would have learned after the stupidity that was the time-exclusive vault shuttle events.
Career Officer
# 10
09-20-2013, 09:44 AM
All good points.

I'm glad they are trying to accommodate all time zones, but the frequency is too low to realistically accommodate anyone.

Mirror needs to be on the calendar at least 2x per 12 hour block.

Either that, or actually give us lump XP rewards for "end game" content that are actually worth it considering their cooldown periods: STFs, CE/CCE, PvP, etc.