Captain
# 191
03-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
True, but since no one called him on it, the behavior continued. I think he might've been forced to change his behavior if it earned him a performance counseling writeup from Kirk...
I suspect Kirk and McCoy had an arrangement where they wrote each other mutually beneficial reviews
Captain
# 192
03-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Just added LC2 I think I'm going to work on previous LCs in order as they were presented but start adding a timeline, so to speak, so that 1) I can avoid those pesky sa\tardates and 2) having my stories have a continuity that's not necessaily linear to the LC numbers.

Hrm, I may have to edit my previous LCs to reflect that ...
None too shabby
Captain
# 193
03-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
Alright, I've tried to expand upon my first entry. Unfortunately, I've discovered that what I've written won't fit in the two posts I already have up in the Literary Challenge, so I've posted it all seperately in the main Ten Forward thread. Link here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=1#post8685941

In the meantime, I'm going to have to think of what challenge I'll use for Story #2. As ever, I look forward to reading more entries from everyone else.
That was a fantastic conclusion, I certainly hadn't expected the twist at the end
Captain
# 194
03-20-2013, 02:27 PM
I had to fix a major flaw, sorry for any confusion.

Also - cast list!

Kathryn Beringer - Rachel Nichols
Karl Malango - Jeremy Renner
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Captain
# 195
03-20-2013, 06:22 PM
My second entry is now up...

For ease of reference/visualization, here're the actors I would cast if I was filming this tomorrow...

Amanda Palmer - Courtney Cox
Cara - Mischa Barton
Eleven of Twelve - Susanna Thompson
Ramesh Kumar - Dev Patel
Brandon Mayer - Jason Lewis
Bellic Chanos - Vin Diesel
S'rR's Kane - Amy Smart

Last edited by marcusdkane; 03-20-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Captain
# 196
03-21-2013, 07:33 AM
@marcusdkane - The requirements in the LC were incredibly specific and I loved how you dovetailed previous entries into this one gracefully. It was shorter than I expected but was appreciated (because I could read it in between duties at work ) In other words: None too shabby

I had no idea Susanna Thompson can now be seen on the TV show "Arrow" as Oliver Queen's mother. A little research goes a long way ...

Captain
# 197
03-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
@marcusdkane - The requirements in the LC were incredibly specific and I loved how you dovetailed previous entries into this one gracefully. It was shorter than I expected but was appreciated (because I could read it in between duties at work ) In other words: None too shabby
Thanks ^_^ The thing which caught my attention most about the brief, was the damage to the ship, rather than the resulting situation of replicator rations, so I decided to focus on that and completely ignore the titular issue As for the length, I wasn't feeling inspired enough to include the battle, or even the on-board modifications, so I just let exposition take care of that, and used the entry to resolve the issues I'd been mulling over since LC 39... I was this close >____< to assigning either an Andorian or a Barsoom Thark as the new First Officer, but as GulBerat advised me, without having a strong character for the role, they would just wind up another fifth wheel like Lambert became, so I decided to split the role to the officers who were arguably Amanda's closest advisors in other LCs ^_^ (I even allowed myself the luxury of utilizing a Borg Swiss Army Bunny to solve the problem for the ease of it... I can see why the writers of Voyager did it so often with Seven, it just saves soooo much effort...)

Quote:
I had no idea Susanna Thompson can now be seen on the TV show "Arrow" as Oliver Queen's mother. A little research goes a long way ...
I wasn't aware of that either... O_O I know Alice Krige was the first actress in the role of Borg Queen, but Susanna's portrayal is much more sublime, and less overt... The only reason they got Alice back for the finale of Voyager, was because Susanna had a scheduling conflict!

Last edited by marcusdkane; 03-21-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Captain
# 198
03-21-2013, 09:11 AM
@ stellardrfit - NICE! That is good inspiration for when I hit LC 8 myself

@ marcusdkane - I think I need to understnd the concept of "exposition" to be able to use it to better effect. Having said that, I think my recent entries are ... lacking ... something. Maybe I'm forcing myself?

I liked your having two First Officers for the reasons presented. It makes sense to me! For my part, the LC topic inspired me to look at the command structure from my gameplay: I have my absolute XO (the first BOff I got), then as I acquired more I have a ship-based BOff set up and a variant Away Team set up. Since I can only have one Tactical BOff on the ship, Anthi was the obvious choice, and for Ground missions I made Karl the Tactical lead while Kathryn acted as "XO". LC 2 was a chance to briefly explain how that happened.

Regardless, Seven of Nine (besides being eye candy) was certainly an easy short cut to a quick end and very convenient. I had a discussion with a friend recently and revealed my favorite Star Trek series "overall" was Voyager and one of the many reasons was because SoN offered many Many MANY differnet avenues to solve problems that otherwise would be tragic for the ship and crew. At the same time, I do remember saying to myself "How will she get Voyager out of this one?"

Last edited by cmdrscarlet; 03-21-2013 at 09:22 AM. Reason: MOAR DISCUSSION
Captain
# 199
03-21-2013, 10:07 AM
We need to do two, now? Fine with me....

So I've run with the idea and dropped Tylha into an infinite black void. (Best place for her, some would say.)
Captain
# 200
03-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Well, you don't need to do two ... I think Brandon open the flood gates

Last edited by cmdrscarlet; 03-21-2013 at 01:37 PM.