Rihannsu
# 321
04-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Speaking of LC 41, I've got a feeling about what this one will be centered around. Not spilling what I think it is yet though.
Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
Lt. Commander
# 322
04-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Hurrah, hurrah, for finishing before the deadline! I can now take the time to read the other entries.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5629511#post5629511

Literary Challenges Entries- Star Trek Online: Lord English
Dramatis Personae of Star Trek Online: Lord English
Captain
# 323
04-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironphoenix113 View Post
Speaking of LC 41, I've got a feeling about what this one will be centered around. Not spilling what I think it is yet though.
Two weeks ago, I would've put money on it being an officer exchange program... Now, I have no idea, and am just waiting to see where fate takes Amanda and her motley crue... I suspect Ensign Mitchell is going to be waiting a while for his rescue...
Captain
# 324
04-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Cool.

Is the story being told many years after the events of STO? Made me wonder when I saw the reference to Alyosha! Things must have had to have really changed for him to feel comfortable with revealing what he was to the public.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 325
04-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zidanetribal View Post
Hurrah, hurrah, for finishing before the deadline! I can now take the time to read the other entries.
Fantastic to see a story version of the Devidian incursion, and how it impacted on Lee Hope you enjoy the reading
Career Officer
# 326
04-02-2013, 02:40 PM
@ironphoenix113 -

Great entry to encapsulate / cap off your story arc with Bryan and Ibalei.

@marcusdkane -

Captain Palmer's haven sounds lovely. Fascinating look at the Pentaxian culture - similar in many ways to feudal Japan. Was that deliberate? Staying tuned to see what happens to S'rR's and Ensign Mitchell.

@zidanetribal -

Great little mission adaptation with the sad twist of the loss of a bridge officer. Thank you for squeezing that one in; I enjoyed reading it very much!

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Lt. Commander
# 327
04-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zidanetribal View Post
That was a nice short story. Thanks for squeezing it in.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 328
04-02-2013, 08:13 PM
The time has come. But, what an incredible month it's been?! Thank you to every single one of you who not only participated in #40 but also discussed the entries. Seems like you all had a great time being able to catch up on past challenges. We may have to do this again in the future

Unsticking, but as always, feel free to continue discussing. #41 coming up!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 329
04-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Captain Palmer's haven sounds lovely.
The Nova-Class is so small, that it doesn't have any holodecks, nor does the captain have a readyroom... I figured she deserved a little real-world treat, rather than just somewhere on the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Fascinating look at the Pentaxian culture - similar in many ways to feudal Japan. Was that deliberate?
Yes and no... I felt it should be a Dynasty rather than an empire, as Trek already has a few Big Empire's, so that was a deliberate comparison to Japan, but for the remainder of Pentaxian culture, I always saw it as a cross between Arabic and Indian cultures
Captain
# 330
04-03-2013, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Somebody once described Keenser's role as being the exact opposite of Jar-Jar Binks--small and unusual though he was, he actually played the straight man to nuScotty's insanity. That gave me the idea of making the Roylans a rather strict, discipline-driven society. One that might strike other species as surprising given their size (as they would associate such behavior with imposing physicality).

Teeglar might be back sometime...we'll see.
Apologies for missing this yesterday... I'd not heard that description applied to Keenser before, but yes, that is certainly very true. I hope Teeglar will make a return at some point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
I can understand where you're coming from. The reason I'd be angry, though, in her position, is that I consider a decision made when someone was withholding information from me to be in effect a coerced decision. I would resent that if someone like the Adigeons did that to me on such a critical matter.

As for what I would've decided in her place...honestly, that is too difficult for me to answer. I cannot say what I would've done.
That's an interesting perspective, not one I would have considered, but certainly something I will bear in mind for future entries I think in this instance, it was simply a matter of cross-cultural differences, rather than deliberate withholding of information by the Adigeon doctor. The only information truly withheld, was MacLeod's omission to disclose the twin's genetic sequence containing the Lazarus gene, but that is simply medical policy rather than a personal failing on his part: 24th Century medicine can recognize a genetic marker in individuals who become immortal, and quantify the processes of the Quickening, but it does not understand it enough to tell if it is dormant or active until the actual event, so no one gets told, for fear of mass suicides if people were told, and the gene was to not activate, as happened with Alix.

Last edited by marcusdkane; 04-03-2013 at 01:44 AM.