Empire Veteran
# 1 Costume Revamp: S8
03-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Well I like the idea but here are some points I will hate to see and love.

LOVE

*Gorn Revamp TO be Bigger and More Bulk (And Costume as Well)

*Alien Race Able To Have Scales and Fur as well as other animal atributes.. not all alieans are human like yah know?

*Male and Female Revamp for Male only races that truly are Male and Female (They not asexual )

*More General Costumes (KDF)

HATE

*J.J. Abrams Gorn (Yah.. If you Do... Good Job making GOrn look dumb.. they are not.. they can make a bomb tricorder from 1,100 Meters away.. and I mean Spock's tricorder!

*Alien Stay Same

*Male Stay alone

*Other FED Races

*Weak KDF Costumes

*Nerfed/Glicthed Costumes
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Rihannsu
# 2
03-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Wow, you want all of this stuff in the fall?

Aren't you pushing it a bit? I mean it could take as much as a year to create all of those costumes and changes to the races and such.
Career Officer
# 3
03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Gorn are already a lot larger than they appeared in the series. They also run at normal speed, when Trek seems to show them being extremely strong but slow and deliberate in their movement.
Captain
# 4
03-06-2013, 10:42 AM
I'll settle for a tailor that doesn't reset any costume to the default when you load it up.
Captain
# 5
03-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blagorm View Post
*Alien Race Able To Have Scales and Fur as well as other animal atributes.. not all alieans are human like yah know?

*Male and Female Revamp for Male only races that truly are Male and Female (They not asexual )

*More General Costumes (KDF)
The foundry has some extra tricks for creating custom alien npcs but the more parts in my toyboxthe better!
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 6
03-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I would love more alien options in the Alien Creator (which also available in the Foundry).

I always intended my Fed Tac Alien to be more lizard-like, but not to the level the Gorn is. Clawed Feet, beaks, a head frill (sail-type), and clawed hands (more distinctive than the one currently available).
Captain
# 7
03-06-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm hoping they add the Xindi races at some point (well, except the Aquatics, I don't see how that would work). A Xindi Reptillian would offer a range of reptile options that would certainly look "not Gorn". The Insectoid options might open up some pretty weird aliens using the full editor as well.

Some non-humanoid options might be cool too, but that would be way down the road. Like some sort of Tholian-led alliance of non-humanoids, or something. Just because the budget constraints of TV forced them to almost always make humanoids, I don't see any good reason to do it in a video game.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 03-06-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Rihannsu
# 8
03-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
I'm hoping they add the Xindi races at some point (well, except the Aquatics, I don't see how that would work). A Xindi Reptillian would offer a range of reptile options that would certainly look "not Gorn". The Insectoid options might open up some pretty weird aliens using the full editor as well.

Some non-humanoid options might be cool too, but that would be way down the road. Like some sort of Tholian-led alliance of non-humanoids, or something. Just because the budget constraints of TV forced them to almost always make humanoids, I don't see any good reason to do it in a video game.
Way back in the old forum days when devs actually dared to visit the forums and post/discuss things with the community, there was mention made of the difficulties with the game engine in getting character avatar animations to have multiple appendages that were functional and controllable. At the time it was in response to a thread asking about the Xindi insectoids being added into the game.

But, we have since had the "multi-legged race from fluidic space" and the Tholians added so I don't know if the issues are still insurmountable.
Empire Veteran
# 9
03-06-2013, 12:19 PM
We need more animal parts and species-specific clothing.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Empire Veteran
# 10
03-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
We need more animal parts and species-specific clothing.
Not sure what animal "parts" you're talking about, but I would rather that crap stay in the Second Life furry sex sims please .

Joined August 2009