Republic Veteran
# 21
03-06-2013, 03:52 PM
I would love more color options for Fed and KDF, a lighter yellow for the Feds so can better match the yellow the had for security/ops in the series.

Definitely more costume options for the KDF!
Captain
# 22
03-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Real hair options for the Cats.

M'ress is an example, she has a Mane.

More costume options for the KDF.

Allow Bridge officers on both sides to use "Off Duty" clothing options. I'd like to put my crew into the mercenary set on my "Captured" vessels (Breen, Jem Hadar, TUffli, etc)
Captain
# 23
03-06-2013, 04:07 PM
I love when people out themselves as knowing what 4chan is so I know better which among you I should be keeping a closer eye on.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Empire Veteran
# 24
03-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
Real hair options for the Cats.

M'ress is an example, she has a Mane.

More costume options for the KDF.

Allow Bridge officers on both sides to use "Off Duty" clothing options. I'd like to put my crew into the mercenary set on my "Captured" vessels (Breen, Jem Hadar, TUffli, etc)
Major yes.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Commander
# 25
03-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
Way back in the old forum days when devs actually dared to visit the forums and post/discuss things with the community, there was mention made of the difficulties with the game engine in getting character avatar animations to have multiple appendages that were functional and controllable. At the time it was in response to a thread asking about the Xindi insectoids being added into the game.

But, we have since had the "multi-legged race from fluidic space" and the Tholians added so I don't know if the issues are still insurmountable.
There are less limitations on NPC models as they're controlled in house with zero customisation on the part of the players.

If they gave us a playable four legged/armed federation race to use, not only would they have to double the current uniform options to map them to the extra appendages properly (seriously look at the texture mapping for clothes in all the current races, it's exactly the same from race to race currently) and redo all attack and weapon animations to take the extra limbs into account.

Conversely with an NPC race they'll normally only use one weapon and a set series of melee attacks (if any at all) and have their "uniform" designs baked into their model. A lot less work.
Empire Veteran
# 26
03-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Le us not forget that the Cats for KDF was promised since launch. Just saying.. so I hate that but understand it takes time.. but not 2 1/2 years!
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Empire Veteran
# 27
03-06-2013, 05:48 PM
You know they really need to add the ability to have full Borg body armor. For Liberated characters of course. I would love for them to come out with a Borg Gorn and cat.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 28
03-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
You know they really need to add the ability to have full Borg body armor. For Liberated characters of course.
I always found it funny that my Borg Engineering boff gets a Borg bodysuit, but my Liberated Borg character doesn't.
Career Officer
# 29
03-06-2013, 09:10 PM
I want a uniform 'build' so when I want to have all my Boffs have the same uniform I don't have to build it on every single one. I know it's possible since Fleets can do it.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Survivor of Romulus
# 30
03-06-2013, 10:40 PM
Didn't we already have a Gorn revamp??
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.