Lieutenant
# 1 Nadeon Detonator
02-28-2013, 10:44 AM
A while back I bought the Nadeon Detonator Module console (lockbox console thing on exchange) for one of my chars, it was fun and this was good, however I recently changed from a generic torpedo to the rapid reload transphasic which it doesn't work with much to my annoyance.

So I ask the forums does it only work with 'generic' torpedoes, or does it work Omega torp, romulan torp etc. (and if it doesn't would this be because: 1. It's not meant to or 2. programming oversight ie. they forgot to allow it)
Empire Veteran
# 2
02-28-2013, 11:02 AM
I don't know all the torpedoes, but it does work with every generic torp type: Normal plasma, normal transphasic, quantum, photon, etc.

I personally really love using it with a Transphasic torp myself.

It doesn't work on some exotic torps, like the Hargh'peng for sure, but I believe that this was done on purpose for some of these.

Survivor of Remus
# 3
02-28-2013, 02:23 PM
It dosent work with the TDD, harping, RRtrans, chrono flux, Breen cluster, or bios

It's beast on the rom torp because it combines the damage of all three toros into one to include the plasma proc aoe style and it looks sick (green and purp explosion) the quant version dose huge damage and explodes blue. Tric's do huge AOE pushback burst with it but its still tgt torp. Chrono toros look like photos when they blow but the AOE slow is nice. And that about sums it up also you can bring the timer on it down to 10 sec if running 3 photo cooldown doffs and another ablity like photonics office or photonic shockwave
-"There is no such thing as an I win button!" "Um, Sir. Whats this button that says (I win) for then?"
Empire Veteran
# 4
02-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Using it on a transphasic torp causes most of the damage to bleed through the shields of whatever it hits as well.

Lieutenant
# 5
02-28-2013, 04:50 PM
So, if I read that correctly, Romulan Hyper Plasma is brilliant, quantum, transphasic, and chroniton work well.
It doesn't work with most of the unique torps (I lack the combination and doubt I'll ever have it but Wide-Angle Quantum?).

And finally combining the module, photonic shockwave (because I don't like photonic officer) and photonic doffs allows it to be a very rapid fire weapon.

Well guess I'm buying another one for my other KDF char then. (have a lot of things in front of it zen wise, so my FED chars will go without)
Captain
# 6
02-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Another point worth considering about it is that it will also interrupt channeled abilities like eject warp plasma, tractor beams/repulsors and anything else that can be stopped by a shockwave or tricobalt.

I imagine it would work with the wide angle torp, seeing as it works with both of the reputation launchers (turning both into a single, brutal shockwave plasma torpedo), but it can be really fickle about accepting certain types of launchers. I used to think it was only exotic damage types(BNW, Hargh, etc.), but it seems kind of silly that the rapid transphasic wouldn't work.
Captain
# 7
02-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Using it on a transphasic torp causes most of the damage to bleed through the shields of whatever it hits as well.
Have to give that a try.
Republic Veteran
# 8
03-02-2013, 08:45 PM
It works with the Hyper Plasma torp, does it work with the Omega Plasma torp as well?
Captain
# 9
03-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Hmmm. I have it on my Klingon, but since I'm working on a Chroniton build on my Fed, I might just have to give it a try!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 10
03-03-2013, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
It works with the Hyper Plasma torp, does it work with the Omega Plasma torp as well?
Works on both; effectively does the same thing as a regular plasma torp - a large plasma shockwave that applies a special dot to everything it hits.