Career Officer
# 11
03-06-2013, 01:28 PM
I was able to claim and dismiss and reclaim it on a new federation character.

There are three possibilities:

1) The option to claim the tribble is there but you missed it. (Is it possible you skipped over it in legacy unlocks?)

2) You never unlocked the tribble in the first place. (Is it possible you unlocked the tribble on your character after F2P rather than buying it through the c-store or doing the tribble weekend prior to F2P?)

3) There is a bug affecting some accounts but not others.

Last edited by logicalspock; 03-06-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Career Officer
# 12
03-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post

1) The option to claim the tribble is there but you missed it. (Is it possible you skipped over it in legacy unlocks?)
No. I have checked Personnel - Companions and Legacy Unlocks multiple times in the in-game C-Store, and have checked Personnel - Companions multiple times on the website C-Store (including using the search function on the website C-Store to look up "Tribble", which shows the two tribbles that I've never possessed as search results, but no Tribble of Borg).
Quote:
2) You never unlocked the tribble in the first place. (Is it possible you unlocked the tribble on your character after F2P rather than buying it through the c-store or doing the tribble weekend prior to F2P?)
One of my characters (my first character, at that) is holding a Tribble of Borg. I am a Lifetime Subscriber, and was on hiatus from right around the release of Season 4 until well after the release of Season 6, and had a Tribble of Borg the first time that I logged in when I came back. I am very certain that my Tribble of Borg predates F2P.

Quote:
This seems probable... something worth asking, though - how did the two of you who are reporting seeing it in your Legacy Unlocks gain access? Was it granted through testing on the Tribble server? I know that I bought mine back when it was an account unlock, so that might have some bearing on it.

Either way, even people who have bought them since their conversion to a single-character unlock are reporting the option disappearing for all characters on the account, which simply should not be, so there's clearly an issue here.

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain9prime View Post
IDIC fail.
Career Officer
# 13
03-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkindness2 View Post
Either way, even people who have bought them since their conversion to a single-character unlock are reporting the option disappearing for all characters on the account, which simply should not be, so there's clearly an issue here.
I believe that I bought the account unlock at the last c-store sale before the F2P patch was loaded onto the server.

To the best of my knowledge, the only ways to obtain it before F2P were to buy it from the c-store, unlock it during the test weekend, or get it as a preorder bonus. It is possible that one or more of those methods are bugged.

I hope that's helpful. Cryptic has been badly in need of a receipt system but they have yet to implement one.
Captain
# 14
03-06-2013, 02:21 PM
This is not a new bug, so probably one of those never going to be fixed items. I first encounted it probably 4 or 5 months ago when i was starting stfs on my 2nd character. To this day there is still no option to either claim or buy a tribble of borg on any of my characters, and i have searched the zstore thoroughly. I did originally buy it once on my first character, the others I had to get on the exchange.
Career Officer
# 15
03-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
This is not a new bug, so probably one of those never going to be fixed items. I first encounted it probably 4 or 5 months ago when i was starting stfs on my 2nd character. To this day there is still no option to either claim or buy a tribble of borg on any of my characters, and i have searched the zstore thoroughly. I did originally buy it once on my first character, the others I had to get on the exchange.

You could contact customer service and ask that they either provide your characters with the tribble within a reasonable time period or issue you a refund.

I suppose if they refused you could sue them in small claims court, although the hassle probably would not be worth it over a <$5 tribble.
Lieutenant
# 16
03-07-2013, 01:14 AM
I really wish they would fix this bug.
Career Officer
# 17
03-07-2013, 05:02 AM
Quote:

1. No, I have not missed it.

2. I did unlock the Tribble because I currently have it on one of my characters. I unlocked it by playing on that tribble weekend.

3. I'm guessing this is the case.

I did find something peculiar, however. If I used the web interface to the store and select the very first character I ever created, I can see the Tribble of Borg available for purchase in the Personnel - Companions section. It is marked as being available for me to purchase for 300 Zen. This is the only character that it shows up on in the C-Store AND ONLY in the web interface of the C-Store. If I log into the game and visit the C-Store, it does not show up for that character anywhere in the C-Store.
Career Officer
# 18
03-07-2013, 08:05 AM
After doing some heavy thinking, I now believe that I did not get the Tribble from the Test Server weekend but, rather, purchased it before F2P from the C-Store. That would explain why I only have it on one of my characters. However, after F2P, shouldn't it have been opened up to all of my characters from the C-Store?
Captain
# 19
03-07-2013, 08:12 AM
I purchased the Tribble of Borg for my main more than a year ago. My main still has it but it does not show up anywhere in the c-store for any of my other 6 alts. Those alts do not have ToB, so something seems wrong or the device is not available in c-store any longer.
Just say no to ARC
Career Officer
# 20
03-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
I purchased the Tribble of Borg for my main more than a year ago. My main still has it but it does not show up anywhere in the c-store for any of my other 6 alts. Those alts do not have ToB, so something seems wrong or the device is not available in c-store any longer.
Like the Fluidic Tribble, the C-Store is the only way to (theoretically) get the Tribble of Borg, other than buying one that someone else has purchased from the C-Store and placed on the Exchange.

Sounds like you're experiencing the same bug that we're describing, and that has had a few short threads pop up since Free to Play hit and added this bug. You'd honestly think that Cryptic would want this one fixed, since it's costing them money...

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain9prime View Post
IDIC fail.