Ensign
I do not get it the game is three yeasr old, why is there still only a level cap of 50? There should have been an expantion by now. what is stoping them?
Captain
# 2
03-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingtow View Post
I do not get it the game is three yeasr old, why is there still only a level cap of 50? There should have been an expantion by now. what is stoping them?
1) Level cap changes and content additions, while oftentimes occurring concurrently, are not in fact related variables.

2) For a great deal of those three years STO was owned by a company that could barely keep the doors open, let alone provide the resources necessary for anything resembling an expansion

3) Even after being acquired by PWE the focus is more on grind and monetization than actual full-scale content additions.
Captain
# 3
03-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
There should have been an expantion by now.
An expansion doesn't have to mean a level cap increase, and a level cap increase is not an inherently good thing. Adding more content at the current level cap can quite often be a better option, instead of simply putting everyone on the level treadmill, even with new content.

Being Level 60 is not really all that much better then being lvl 50. Not as long as they add things to do at level 50.
Career Officer
# 4
03-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
1. The was already a level cap increase in this game. Which you should know if you did your research.

2. Who are you to decide that there "should" be an increase?

3. Additional content that usually comes with an expansion does not need to be connected to a level cap increase.
Captain
# 5
03-06-2013, 09:58 AM
1: Everyone said this so far: We started out with a level 43 cap if memory serves.

2: Just what would you be doing? Compared to the number of C-Store gimmicks, almost no new missions have been added.

3: Meh

4: Seriously... Even WITH the missions added, you STILL have played through them all BEFORE you hit cap...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 6
03-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
So it takes you 3 hours to get to level 50 now, why do you NEED level 60? What is it going to give you? There are bigger issues than just a random level cap change.

Invalidating elite STFs would be a bad thing
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Shoving RA-Upper Half in there was not a level cap increase, it's just readjusting the current leveling structure so they don't have to increase the cap above 50.

There is already little to do that is interesting or engaging once you've reached 50 and played their 'end game' stuff for a month or so. Making it 55 or 60 without anything additional things to 'do' would be pointless. I don't know what type of games some of you are playing, but a level cap increase ALWAYS comes with new content of some kind(usually PvP related). However since PvP in this game is so terrible they are actually talking about removing it from STO altogether I have no clue how Cryptic plans to keep the max level players playing going forward.

Maybe they'll just lift the max amount of ships you can have to 'unlimited' then announce a ZEN sale.
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Rihannsu
# 8
03-06-2013, 10:08 AM
They have said that they want to introduce different gameplay with the upper admiral ranks. so if you get to 60 there has to be something different waiting for you, probably some kind control over multiple ship gameplay. there also needs to be a sizeable amount of content to get there, which they have not been able to produce before.

so that is going to take time to develop and there have been other things on the schedule first.

however, the ultimate goal of level cap increases is to give you ways to get stronger and have new powers. they can do that through the rep system.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 9
03-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Plus they would have to pull a new rank out of their hat. Everybody is already around as an admiral.... :S
Rihannsu
# 10
03-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricophoff View Post
Plus they would have to pull a new rank out of their hat. Everybody is already around as an admiral.... :S
the actual ranks of 'admiral' (without the rear or vice prefix) and fleet admiral are above us.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission