Lieutenant
# 21
03-06-2013, 10:18 AM
I think cryptics looking for some breathing room to create some more content first too.
" I believe that I speak for us all sir when I say: To hell with our orders." - Lt. Cmdr. Data
Rihannsu
# 22
03-06-2013, 10:43 AM
With a raised level cap, current elite fleet weapons become pointless. Epic purple rep gear becomes pointless. Purchased C-Store ships become pointless. Lockbox ships become poitnless. All that time, effort, Dil and money just flushed down the toilet....

OP, why do you hate this game and your co-players so much that you would want them to trash everything that they've worked so hard to acquire?
Republic Veteran
# 23
03-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
With a raised level cap, current elite fleet weapons become pointless. Epic purple rep gear becomes pointless. Purchased C-Store ships become pointless. Lockbox ships become poitnless. All that time, effort, Dil and money just flushed down the toilet....

OP, why do you hate this game and your co-players so much that you would want them to trash everything that they've worked so hard to acquire?
not if they only add a couple more levels, a 5 level increase wouldn't invalidate mk XII Items.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Rihannsu
# 24
03-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
not if they only add a couple more levels, a 5 level increase wouldn't invalidate mk XII Items.
I know that the current mk XII gear would still be "somewhat useful" for leveling in the future content when it comes, but the efforts to acquire all of the currently "epic" ships and gear would then be wasted. You would need to trash all of this invalidated-hard-earned gear in order to go after even more expensive gear that is even harder and longer to grind for. Where would it end?

IMHO, the game content should be spread out horizontally at the current levels in order to provide more uses for all this epic gear that we've accumulated.

I would rather see more options and stories to enjoy with what we do have. Less climbing the ladder to chase down and earn everything all over again.

At what point do you stop the level climbing? When you reach the pinnacle and become chancellor or president and STO then becomes nothing more than an RTS? Or when your character finally retires to care for a vineyard and sell bottled wine?

Please, let us stay in the Captain's chair so we can continue to make a difference in the galaxy.
Career Officer
# 25
03-06-2013, 11:36 AM
we lost one level ... we had already 51
Level 50 Cpts: W-T-Riker; Jadzia; Sharan; K'Dhan; T-W-Riker; T'Pok; Ehrehin; Shanara; Karana; Lukara
Subscribed For: 1200 Days 23-08-2013
Lieutenant
# 26
03-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
I know that the current mk XII gear would still be "somewhat useful" for leveling in the future content when it comes, but the efforts to acquire all of the currently "epic" ships and gear would then be wasted. You would need to trash all of this invalidated-hard-earned gear in order to go after even more expensive gear that is even harder and longer to grind for. Where would it end?

IMHO, the game content should be spread out horizontally at the current levels in order to provide more uses for all this epic gear that we've accumulated.

I would rather see more options and stories to enjoy with what we do have. Less climbing the ladder to chase down and earn everything all over again.

At what point do you stop the level climbing? When you reach the pinnacle and become chancellor or president and STO then becomes nothing more than an RTS? Or when your character finally retires to care for a vineyard and sell bottled wine?

Please, let us stay in the Captain's chair so we can continue to make a difference in the galaxy.
I hope it allows vice admiral players to get a ship as well for free. to think that from the rear admiral point of view, you would only be allowed to have a ship that was already not top level.
" I believe that I speak for us all sir when I say: To hell with our orders." - Lt. Cmdr. Data
Captain
# 27
03-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingtow View Post
I do not get it the game is three yeasr old, why is there still only a level cap of 50? There should have been an expantion by now. what is stoping them?
The game launched with a level cap lower than 50. Where have you been these past three years?
Ensign
# 28
03-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I actually really like the faction system they have rather than increasing level cap.
Captain
# 29
03-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
I know that the current mk XII gear would still be "somewhat useful" for leveling in the future content when it comes, but the efforts to acquire all of the currently "epic" ships and gear would then be wasted.
Mk X gear is still useful for end-game content. Mk XII is a small improvement. Changing the level cap won't invalidate older gear like it does in other MMORPGs because of how incremental the gear progression in this game is designed.

Setting aside non-combat content that grants XP, you could level from 1 to 50 in combat using Mk I gear. You could also level any new content using the same Mk I gear.

This isn't World of ******** where green items will replace your purple raid gear with the new expansion.

This is STO where there's been only a single level cap increase in its history, and where itemization was designed to be rather neutral because item quality only increases the number of modifier slots on the item not its actual damage performance in a large way. And where the statistical difference between Mk I and Mk X is just double the performance.

Your gear is safe from mudflation.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Hmm... Dare I say it?

Maybe STO should take the Call of Duty route. Please don't hate me. XD I'm not a massive fan of the COD series anyways, but they have a good level system.

You'll keep all your gear, can play in any ship, all progress so far etc, just, every time you reach level 50 again, maybe you get a special bonus or some kind of token that is bound to character. A title also so other players know your a X player.

Of course, it should be an optional choice to go back to level 1.

I don't know what, but it's an idea which could be used instead of just increasing the level cap and it's a rather interesting concept if you think about it.

Just saying!