Lt. Commander
# 1 I feel bad for you Cryptic!!!
01-12-2010, 01:35 PM
OMG You guys are so overloaded right now!! I dont' think they though it would be this popular! There are more nerds then they thought!!!

LOL

Everyone just muddle through!

It will get better believe me.

TIme to buy another server
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 01:41 PM
This isnt an issue of how popular the game is or would be, it is the fact that Cryptic didnt have enough foresight to prepare for their network structure to take a hit like this. Not enough bandwith for the beta testers who are trying to play now let alone the people who will get home tonight, not to even mention the thousands who will buy the game on launch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulious
This isnt an issue of how popular the game is or would be, it is the fact that Cryptic didnt have enough funding to prepare for their network structure to take a hit like this. Not enough bandwidth to support the downloads or servers to support the concurrent users who are trying to play now let alone the people who will get home tonight, not to even mention the thousands who will buy the game on launch.
There we go. I fixed it for you. See the part in red.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
There we go. I fixed it for you. See the part in red.
Then they should have delayed the launch. Or limited the open beta advertisements/invites. I will accept no excuses for lack of learning from 2 previous MMOs, along with what 15 years of MMOs from other companies. Open Beta and Live Launches always have these problems because NOBODY LEARNS!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturm375 View Post
Then they should have delayed the launch. Or limited the open beta advertisements/invites. I will accept no excuses for lack of learning from 2 previous MMOs, along with what 15 years of MMOs from other companies. Open Beta and Live Launches always have these problems because NOBODY LEARNS!

Agreed! They have had this problem before, it's quite sad actually.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Well Im sure they learnd one thing...how to fail? anyways lets give it some time, Im sure they are going to try as hard as possible to get things sorted...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-12-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturm375 View Post
Open Beta and Live Launches always have these problems because NOBODY LEARNS!
Yah that must be it
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Hell they had this problem after launch of CO, during a free test weekend not too long ago... What is the deal here cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg0D
Hell they had this problem after launch of CO, during a free test weekend not too long ago... What is the deal here cryptic?
They had similar problems with the OB and Launch of CoH too.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Just as Sisko would tell us all..

Keep the faith, hold the base, and never give-up!

We'll all get through this. Cryptic and the community, thank you for everything you do to help!