Career Officer
This has happpenned 6 or 7 times now... About 60 minutes into playing, my game crashes no matter what or where I am. the cryptic crash thingy loads, and I submit a ticket. Then I try and RELOAD the game and it is stuck on 'patching'. I have tried 'force verify', and still it sticks to patching. Every time this happens I have to re-download the launcher just to play again until the next time... wtf?
Republic Veteran
# 2
03-06-2013, 09:23 PM
sounds like you may have a corrupt file somewhere in there. It happens from time to time. I know it did to me. The best way to deal with it is to do a complete reinstall of the game. That usually replaced every Cryptic file you have. It's a pain in the butt, but if you want the situation resolved, this is probably your best bet. If you are getting an error frm a particular file over and over, it is possible to replace only that .HOGG file.

For example, if your sound .HOGG file is always giving you the error, you can actually delete the entire sound .HOGG from your game folder and the next time you launch, it will begin to redownload the file. Some of those files are large though (over 1 gig) so be ready for a big download.

Hope this helps.
# 3
03-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
sounds like you may have a corrupt file somewhere in there. It happens from time to time. I know it did to me. The best way to deal with it is to do a complete reinstall of the game. That usually replaced every Cryptic file you have. It's a pain in the butt, but if you want the situation resolved, this is probably your best bet. If you are getting an error frm a particular file over and over, it is possible to replace only that .HOGG file.

For example, if your sound .HOGG file is always giving you the error, you can actually delete the entire sound .HOGG from your game folder and the next time you launch, it will begin to redownload the file. Some of those files are large though (over 1 gig) so be ready for a big download.

Hope this helps.
Cheers, Olivia, was hoping to avoid this BUT I have to agree with you... Cheers
Empire Veteran
# 4
03-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Eh its Cryptic wide I just had to redo the patching yesterday for STO because I got a new gaming PC. Now its on demand patching every where I go but not actually patching much of anything. Same issue with NW's launcher they got a big problem which doesn't look any good on their poor status with credibility and accountability.

Edit: Seems like while its doing this on demand patching that takes forever I am getting fleet marks for being stuck in it when trying to get into them so I'll just keep doing this will be motivation for them to fix it.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 03-07-2013 at 03:21 PM.