Starfleet Veteran
# 1 season 8
03-06-2013, 11:54 PM
So i was just looking through the STO WIKI and came across this http://http://www.stowiki.org/Upcomi...on_8_.28May.29

It list this:

Revamp of PvP system

STO will be first game to implement a new PvP engine developed by Cryptic

PvP-faction for the Reputation System

All PVP in the new system will be cross faction queues

Matchmaking, e.g. matching people of comparable gear level

Rewards based on participation more than completion

PvP ratings/leaderboard tech is now available

Either replacing current PvP maps or revamping the existing ones

Space combat prototype map (arena style?) to be released on Tribble server in the coming months (early 2013?) for extensive public testing

Transferring existing PvE maps (Facility 4028 amongst others) to ground PvP maps, possibly with capture-the-flag mod

King of the Hill PvP map for space and/or ground

Ground combat may have Battleground-style development in long-term

It does say in between season 8 and 9, I know that we have had so many promises for pvp content in the past, and we are still waiting, but some of this does sound good. I am not sure how accurate STO WIKI is either.
Tex says...... hey
Commander
# 2
03-07-2013, 12:03 AM
I'll believe that there is PvP content coming when I'm playing it. We've been promised PvP content "next season" since at least Season 5, which is when I started playing, and I'm pretty sure since considerably before that.
Captain
# 3
03-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mettlemicky View Post

It does say in between season 8 and 9, I know that we have had so many promises for pvp content in the past, and we are still waiting, but some of this does sound good. I am not sure how accurate STO WIKI is either.
The STO Wiki upcoming content page was a joke of the day thread for awhile. Having said that, it seems to be well annotated now.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Captain
# 4
03-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Even in the 4 hour Geko UGC interview - there is the discussion of wanting to do more maps.

Timeframes? Eventually.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Commander
# 5 o.o
03-07-2013, 09:17 PM
I have faith.
Career Officer
# 6
03-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Faith of the heart?
http://hilbertguide.com
Captain
# 7
03-07-2013, 11:26 PM
Do not confuse faith with false hope. Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Commander
# 8 o.o
03-07-2013, 11:41 PM
I have faith that the dev team are human and will do their best. I will not be disapointed or angry with what we get. I do other things besides play this game. It is only a fraction of my life. How are the devs supposed to make informed desicions based on the half baked rants on these forums?
Captain
# 9
03-08-2013, 03:43 AM
Eh, it looks good, but. . .

Given that, in the entire history of PvP combat in this game, the devs have only consented to remove a map and maybe make minor alterations to the other ones, and do haphazard 'maintenance' to Ker'rat. . .I'm not getting too excited about it. I'll believe it when I see it, and not a moment before. This kind of implementation seems like it would take a lot of resources, perhaps the amount of resources behind the March update. If they're serious about making PvP in this game something other than flawed and laughable, they could do it.
Captain
# 10
03-08-2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Faith of the heart?
We're just going where the road will take us
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?