Career Officer
Mission Name: No Prize for Second Contact II
Author: Contactpsi
Minimum Level: 16+
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HL6S9MR6F
Estimated Mission Length: 45-60 minutes

Act II of the three-part series is now published and ready for reviews. It is worth mentioning that this mission will be longer than the previous, and should run for about an hour. Depending on dialog choices, and exploration, it could be longer.

I hope those who give it a try will enjoy it!

Feedback is much appreciated.
Ensign
# 2
06-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Mission is heavily glitched - when you beam down to the planet after the confrontation in the brig, you beam directly into a rock, making it impossible to progress.

Shame, too, since I was otherwise enjoying the mission.
Career Officer
# 3
06-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I'm aware. The expansion did that and I'm not able to access any foundry missions at the moment so I can't fix it.

It'll be fixed as soon as the foundry is.

Thanks for playing it though!
Career Officer
# 4
06-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by councilspectre View Post
Yeah, I'm aware. The expansion did that and I'm not able to access any foundry missions at the moment so I can't fix it.

It'll be fixed as soon as the foundry is.

Thanks for playing it though!
The foundry editing is back up

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 5
06-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
The foundry editing is back up
The foundry is up, but I've not been able to access any of my mission since it has come back. Before they open, they crash to desktop or "unable to login for unknown reasons".

A cryptic fella said they were working on it. I believe others are also having this problem.
Career Officer
# 6
07-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Good new, everyone! I was able to fix the error in this mission. Feel free to hop in and give it a play at you're leisure.
Starfleet Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by councilspectre View Post
Mission Name: No Prize for Second Contact II
Minimum Level: 16+
Estimated Mission Length: 45-60 minutes

Hey again, Evil! Act II has been published. Would you have time to provide one of your reviews?
Federation Mission - No Prize for Second Contact II

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is a great mission with good map design, tough, but fun battles, and riveting story dialogue. The mission is a good combination of story and combat to keep both types of players interested throughout the mission. I would highly recommend this to all players although not on Elite level.

Below are a few things I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a good description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialogue: The grant and follow on dialogue are very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue.

Mission Task: This is a good mission task with a clear start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Chapter I, Argelius System: This is a good map design with a very tough battle and well written story dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The Captain Proffitt dialogue, consider changing "the main comp<Hard Return>uter" to read "the main computer".

Chapter II, The Satellite: This is a good map design with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Chapter II, Argelius System: This is a good map with excellent story dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-You have this map and the previous map named "Chapter II". This throws off the follow on Chapter numbers. Consider renaming the maps.

Chapter III, The Bridge: This is a good map with excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue or any issues with the map.

Chapter IV, Security Office: This is a good map design with a couple of good battles and excellent dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The Dartek dialogue, consider changing "I also request an asylum and immunity to persecution" to read "I also request asylum and immunity from prosecution".

Chapter V, Heservat III: This is a good map design with well written story dialogue. I noted a couple of items to consider changing:
-I was not sure if you intended to use the word "sender" both times you used it. Did you mean "notify" vice "sender" or was that intentional as a language difference?
-Consider breaking up the dialogue following the Administrator Tedrik dialogue to have the player move away before continuing the dialogue with Captain Proffitt and the player's ship.

Chapter VI, Hidden Base: This is a good map design with several very tough battles and excellent story dialogue. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialogue. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider adding a respawn point deeper in the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job on this mission and I look forward to playing/reviewing more of your work in the future.
Brian

This critique report also filed 08/17/2013 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
If you would like a detailed review of your mission please visit my forum posting "In depth mission reports upon request" for details.