Captain
driver coil, as it stands is a stat people tend to make fun of for its lack of combat effect

so i thought of a way to make it mean something
have points in driver coil reduce the time you have to wait between last shots fired & going to full impulse on top of the fi minimum power level
i know this wait annoys me anyway

eps. got nerfed to prevent weapons having no power drain due to rebuild.
but what about exiting full impulse? this i believe, would be the most felt place for eps,
by reducing not only the delay between dropping full impulse, and power buildup
but providing faster build-up if power levels are below 50.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Captain
# 2
03-10-2013, 08:52 AM
There is a better way.

Don't invest too many points into Driver Coil, and use those points elsewhere.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
# 3
03-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Driver coil affects all aspect of propulsion, it affects you turn rate and maximum speed both warp and impulse.
Rihannsu
# 4
03-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
Driver coil affects all aspect of propulsion, it affects you turn rate and maximum speed both warp and impulse.
wrong; driver coil only affects your turn rate in sector space (warp drive), not combat space (impulse)

that's affected by impulse thrusters
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Career Officer
# 5
03-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
Only at full impulse, and how much time do you really spend at full impulse?
Captain
# 6
03-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Driver Coil affects speed in sector space. It also affects turn rate in sector space, and speed/turn rate during full impulse. It ALSO affects your power levels during full impulse. I.E. with 6 points in DC during full impulse your power levels drop to 30 as opposed to 5. Which means less recharge needed upon exiting full impulse.

EPS skill affects your power transfer rate. However what makes it powerful (yes, you read correctly, powerful) is that it also increases the power you get whenever you use an EPtX skill. I.E. without EPS, EPtX1 only gives you +15 power. However with 9 points, it gives you +22 power. So... I would say it's a rather powerful skill.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 7
03-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Driver Coil affects speed in sector space. It also affects turn rate in sector space, and speed/turn rate during full impulse. It ALSO affects your power levels during full impulse. I.E. with 6 points in DC during full impulse your power levels drop to 30 as opposed to 5. Which means less recharge needed upon exiting full impulse.

EPS skill affects your power transfer rate. However what makes it powerful (yes, you read correctly, powerful) is that it also increases the power you get whenever you use an EPtX skill. I.E. without EPS, EPtX1 only gives you +15 power. However with 9 points, it gives you +22 power. So... I would say it's a rather powerful skill.
thats an idea in itself.
what if driver coil was skill for modding straight line speed, and impulse thrusters was the basis for turnrate?
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.