Captain
# 1 Dr. Bashir in Game of Thrones
07-27-2014, 08:17 AM
So for those of you who haven't heard, Alexander Siddig (aka Bashir from DS9) has recently been added to the Game of Thrones cast:

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/ga...new-actors/#/0

Siddig is going to play Prince Doran Martell of Dorne, brother to Prince Oberyn of last season. As someone who has read the books, I am very happy about this news, as Prince Doran is one of the more interesting characters in the series, and I was really hoping they would get his casting right. By the sound of things, they did.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-27-2014, 08:23 AM
Siddig's a fantastic actor. He steals the show as Minos on "Atlantis", despite spending a good chunk of the season in bed lying motionless.

And of course Bashir, but I also liked him as Phillip Burton on "Primeval" (primary antagonist season 5, secondary antagonist season 4). That was a very interesting character, much better than season 4's villain.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al! Our theme song
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Captain
# 3
07-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Siddig's a fantastic actor. He steals the show as Minos on "Atlantis", despite spending a good chunk of the season in bed lying motionless.

And of course Bashir, but I also liked him as Phillip Burton on "Primeval" (primary antagonist season 5, secondary antagonist season 4). That was a very interesting character, much better than season 4's villain.
Just out of interest, are these British shows aired in America, or is this from the internet?
Delta Rising is the best ex... oh sod it, I just want my Jupiter and Typhoon

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it!
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
07-27-2014, 12:58 PM
British shows aired on BBC America.

"Atlantis" just finished its first season run over here last week, and "Primeval" is currently on hiatus because its special effects are expensive. :/
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al! Our theme song
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
Captain
# 5
07-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Quote:
British shows aired on BBC America.

"Atlantis" just finished its first season run over here last week, and "Primeval" is currently on hiatus because its special effects are expensive. :/
Primeval was an ITV production not BBC.

Well if the Americans bought it we might get a budget . (US Americans not Canadians, that didn't work out ).

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Hey what about BSG, he's our favorite (only) doctor isn't he? But ya, I live in the US and watch allot

of British TV on BBC or netflix. Top Gear junky right here. I know I watched Primeval on Netflix just

because I discovered it into its second season and wanted to binge watch.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Primeval was an ITV production not BBC.

Well if the Americans bought it we might get a budget . (US Americans not Canadians, that didn't work out ).
The Canadian spinoff was meh. Acting was split evenly between excellent (Toby, Leeds, Connor), meh (Finch, Leeds's boss, Mac), and phoned in (everyone else), the special effects were decent but there was a clear lack of actual animal behavior consultation pretty much everywhere. The Pteranodon in the first episode were especially ridiculous. And the writing was...so-so.

It could've been a LOT better, but they tried too hard to make everybody a stereotypical hero, and then halfway through the overall plot quit making sense. I prefer the original.
Captain
# 8
07-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Talking about (aboot ) Leeds, How do Canadians pronounce Lieutenant? LOO or Left?
I was under the impression it was Left.

Captain
# 9
07-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Quote:
I just this week saw Siddig in the title role of 2006's Hannibal docudrama. I'd merely wanted to see a traditional historical documentary, and suddenly see scripted acting. He and Ben Cross (JJTrek's Sarek) really made what could have been a corny style of documentary into something very interesting to watch. Shaun Dingwall (aka Rose Tyler's dad on Doctor Who) also was very good as Hannibal's enemy Scipio.
Captain
# 10
07-27-2014, 04:21 PM
I saw him in an episode of ARrow first season as a villain
" Primum vivere, deinde DPS " - STO Arthas - U.S.S. Salento
My wiener is OP, plz nerf
Not sure if Star Trek Online or Star Grind Online
http://i.imgur.com/5hgS67K.jpg