Captain
# 1 STO 2.0 what would you do?
03-18-2013, 06:30 AM
Lets say you have the money, the people in place, and the equipment to use. You been given the goal to make a STO 2. So what would you do with your new version/ vision of a new game?

I will tell you mine a little later.
Commander
# 2
03-18-2013, 06:39 AM
I would make a game with huge ground maps all maps from the Series and Films like the Aenar City ...

http://www.ditl.org/gpaf/GAenarCity1.jpg

and ... i would have high quality canon ship models.

Subscribed For: 1400+ Days
Career Officer
# 3
03-18-2013, 06:53 AM
Get the licensing for the CryEngine 3, hire some Dev's from the Crysis series, hire some of the various Star Trek novel writers, and make sure Cryptic and PWE never get anywhere near the game!
Captain
# 4
03-18-2013, 07:30 AM
Rage. A lot. Until a movie is made of it.

Then use the funds to pay for a Kickstarter that uses all of the above ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 5
03-18-2013, 07:50 AM
I would include an actual ground game.
Career Officer
# 6
03-18-2013, 07:58 AM
I would make sure I secured a license with Paramount.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Captain
# 7
03-18-2013, 08:06 AM
This: http://c64s.com/game/100354/star_tre...computer_game/
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 8
03-18-2013, 08:17 AM
id make sure the game was in no way associated with craptic or pwe.
Captain
# 9
03-18-2013, 08:40 AM
I really wouldn't know, other than stuff you could change in the current game. (expand the doff system, more minor factions, pvp rewards, more planets to visit, ground combat revamp etc...)

Most of the things that would come to mind, would probably kill the game within a few months. For example if the game were to use a high-end graphics engine, it would sure look nice ony my machine, but it would cut off customers with average or below-average computers, whose numbers are usually rather high in an mmo.

Reintroducing a sub-only model didn't work out financially, so it'd have to be a F2P model, which would have to include some means of money generation, e.g. lockboxes or the likes.
Commander
# 10
03-18-2013, 08:44 AM
1. Address the balance issues I keep hearing about, re: make cruisers less gimped.

2. Add Romulans, Cardassians, and/or POSSIBLY the Dominion as playable factions.

3. Make the storyline missions less redundant! I keep find myself playing the same formula of "space combat, followed by ground combat, followed by yet more space combat." I'd like to see more missions that have an emphasis on problem-solving, or science, or diplomacy or ethical dilemmas. Basically, I'd like the game to reflect what makes Star Trek great, and that is transposing real world issues/dilemmas/philosophical questions into a sci fi setting. Don't get me wrong, space/ground combat is nice, but I don't think it should be the totality of the game.