Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
Hey now people. How's the world been for you these past few weeks?

I was watching the Trailer to Kick Ass2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-N5NWDenE

And I got to thinking, who from the ranks of all the comics, can live in our world as it stands today?

No green Lanterns or Superman types, how our universe works, I don't see them living as they are here. But think about WHO each of the Heros/ Villians are, and what their power sets are like. Then think can they really live in our world?

Would the Villians get away with 1/2 of what they do?

Could the Heros set the course and help fight crime?

What say you all!

BTW, yes I had one hell of a few weeks, kids!!! god save us from the teens lol

Last edited by hawkwing43; 03-13-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Captain
# 2
03-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Batman: Nothing but a highly trained body and mind, with deep enough pockets to buy all the best toys Equally, the Joker (as portrayed by Heath Ledger) would still work... Nutty as a fruitcake, but nothing super-powered or implausible...

I want to say Tony Stark, but without the technology to create the arc reactor, that's a big flaw in the plan...

Emma Frost could be 're-imagined' as a psychic/cold reader, and thus have a nightly show in Vegas

Equally, I'd be happy with a de-powered Angelica Jones... Had the biggest crush on her as a child
Captain
# 3
03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
I disagree that any restrictions exist. I think any Superhero could exist is Trekverse. If you mean *all* of the DC or Marvel heroes at once, then ... why not?

Even Superman can only be in one place at a time.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol - Endless Excelsior - Veritatum Liquido Cernene

Solaris build
Captain
# 4
03-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
I disagree that any restrictions exist. I think any Superhero could exist is Trekverse. If you mean *all* of the DC or Marvel heroes at once, then ... why not?

Even Superman can only be in one place at a time.
I got the feeling that the OP meant the 21st Century Real World, not Trekverse I agree, most superheroes could exist in Trekverse, either through technology or alien heritage
Captain
# 5
03-13-2013, 04:08 PM
hehe If all the Heros and Villians popped into the Trekverse, I think Q would pop them all back out. lol

But really I am not talking about Trek, I mean our World as you see it in real life. What Heros/ Villian would still ave there powers/ abilities in our world?

I have a short list of my our to toss ot there.

1. Green Arrow - Very good with a Bow and a great hand to hand combat fighter. I can see him finding a place to continue to be all he can be.

2. Black Canary - If green arrow is here, she wouldn't be far behind. Her voice would get reduced to the level of a strong opera singer, but she would still keep her fighting skills.

3. Cat Woman - Again you have someone with great ability, and very good with that whip. I see nothing lost if this cat came to play.

4. Riddler - A twisted mind and very smart. I dont see why this guy could quickly find things to get mixed up with here.

5. The Punisher - Well all I can say is. Once he restocked his gear watchout world.

That's my short list, but there are tons more to be added.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
03-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Career Officer
# 7
03-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Too much coffee man.
Hypnotoad commands you agree with me!
Ensign
# 8
03-13-2013, 10:04 PM
The Joker
Harley Quinn
Crimson Avenger
The Kingpin
Black Widow

Just a few off the top of my head. And hero and villain without any super powers i guess...
Captain
# 9
03-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
Too much coffee man.
I really do exist!
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 10
03-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Heroes:

- Batman

- The Punisher.

- And pretty much the everyone in Watchmen except Dr. Manhattan.

Villains:

I honestly can't think of any comic book villain who scares me more than Ahmanutjob and Kim Flung Dung. These two guys have the ability to start WWIII. Lex Luthor and The Joker can't top that.